Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Bozeman
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 07:17 PM

77 posts, read 158,886 times

Advertisements

Can someone tell me a little about Bozeman's night life? It's a college town so I assume there are college parties but are there other things to do as well? I am moving there and will be a graduate student and my boyfriend will be attending for undergraduate. We are both over 21 and would like an alternative to college parties...LOL. Are there any fun bars? I do not know if there would be any night clubs-I assume not. But are there any hip, younger bars for people around our age? Thank you for all your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2011, 09:58 AM

1,191 posts, read 3,003,307 times
There are plenty of bars to appeal to many ages and types of drinkers.

If you are interested in what else is going on besides drinking, keep this link and check the calendar for entertainment in Bozeman (choose Bozeman in the region pull-down menu).

You click on the date in the calendar, and events in the town you chose show up (bands at bars, events, performances, etc.). "Nightlife" is one of the choices to search.

Lively Times | Montana Arts and Entertainment Calendar, a complete statewide searchable database of music, concerts, events, theater, dance, recreation and art exhibits

hope that helps

H.I.

Old 12-08-2011, 10:50 AM

Thank you! I am also interested in trying new places to eat, concerts, festivals, rodeos, etc etc. Sightseeing is also another huge interest as well as hot springs and skiing

Any info on entertainment in general would be much appreciated! Neighboring towns, too (Belgrade, Manhattan).

I will be spending most of my time riding horses and going to school but when my boyfriend and I aren't doing those things we lilke to go out and meet new people!

Old 12-08-2011, 11:32 AM

1,191 posts, read 3,003,307 times
Just look at that Lively Times web site link and you will find the entertainment, concerts, and etc. info you are looking for. It covers Montana, northern Idaho, and Spokane. Just google skiing and restaurants for Bozeman area - it's all on the web. If you're coming from an urban area, you may not realize how small Bozeman is and how easy it is to find all the restaurants, etc., once you get here.

H.I.

Old 12-08-2011, 11:42 AM

233 posts, read 543,878 times
If you are bored in Bozeman...you may need a defibrillator.

Old 12-08-2011, 06:11 PM

i don't think I will be bored at all.. so ne defibrillator needed here :P

and I am coming from a small ruralish town of about the same size!

thanks for the link btw

Old 12-08-2011, 06:50 PM

10,349 posts, read 13,951,345 times
I last lived in Bozeman in 2005 and it seemed to me that the bars were geared toward the college crowd with the exception of the Cannery and the Cat's Paw. Montana Ale Works was one of my favorite hangouts.

Old 12-08-2011, 10:13 PM

thanks for the suggestions WyoEagle

Old 12-12-2011, 01:49 PM
CTC

668 posts, read 1,467,337 times
Check out the Bozone
Bozeman Events and Entertainment Newspaper - Home Page

there is something going on just about every day/night.

Old 12-25-2011, 04:00 PM

1 posts, read 6,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullman1 View Post
thanks for the suggestions WyoEagle
I grew up in Bozeman and theres a lot more than bars there. It's Big Sky Country. Sure its a college town but its got so much surrounding it. They have hiking, skiing, fishing, close to hot springs, Lewis & Clark Caverns, hunting, and good quality of life. But Im 44 now and left there when I was 10 for Oregon. Great place for good people not thugs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Bozeman