Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Bozeman
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2012, 03:27 PM

233 posts, read 544,600 times

Advertisements

Thinking about sampling a couple brews at the Bozeman Brewing Company's tasting room and then off to a pizza at Tarantino's.

Any reviews? Too nice NOT to stroll Main Street on a beautiful Saturday evening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2012, 10:06 AM

1,191 posts, read 3,007,922 times
How was it?

Old 01-08-2012, 11:58 AM

The brews at Boze Brewing were all excellent. I sampled the majority of them as they have a decent selection of regulars and seasonals on tap. They have a Blackmore Lager which wifey enjoyed (I liked it too), but I settled on the Hopzone and the Plum Porter. Both very good. I like Madison River's Double IPA a little better, but I'm kind of picky on those super hoppy ales. The Balkin Porter was good, but a little heavy for what I was in the mood for. I will return for that one in a growler.

The pizza was really good but kind of pricey. Look for coupons in flyers, the paper, or online before you go. We had the Italiano. I notice many of their pies include bacon....and I mean almost ALL of them...a bit different I guess.

Since it is a local establishment I had no problem paying a little more for freshness and the staff was great. Even though they don't sell beer, they allow it to be brought in from the bar in the same building. It was nice to find Stella Artois on tap as it goes so well with Pizza!

We'll return to both the brewery and the pizza place!

Old 01-09-2012, 12:37 AM

684 posts, read 1,152,956 times
I may get flamed for this, but Tarantinos in Billings is hands down the best pizza around here. I have to agree, however, that you'll pay mucho $$$ for it. I assume it's pretty much the same as the Bozeman, although the Billings one is not, to my knowledge, associated with an establishment serving any booze.

Old 01-09-2012, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky1949 View Post
I may get flamed for this, but Tarantinos in Billings is hands down the best pizza around here. I have to agree, however, that you'll pay mucho $$$ for it. I assume it's pretty much the same as the Bozeman, although the Billings one is not, to my knowledge, associated with an establishment serving any booze.
I think the link with the bar is a "building" agreement since you do not leave the premise??? It was a good pie!

Old 01-09-2012, 07:35 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,117,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo Roam View Post
I think the link with the bar is a "building" agreement since you do not leave the premise??? It was a good pie!
I think it's a local thing (number of permits in that area) that dictates if Taratinos serves or not. I've been to a couple of them that did serve Wine and Ale. And I have to say I loved their food.

Speaking of serving. I was doing a project in Texas and they built a new Hooters. The little town didn't like it so they refused to issue a liquor license. Hooters said, "no problem" and they gave, free, 2 glasses of beer with each full meal ordered, or with every 3 snack plates. That was 2 free glasses of beer to each adult at the table. haha There wasn't a thing the town could do. They finally got frustrated after about a month and issued them a liquor license. But the owner, decided that the 2 free beers had such a positive influence on customers, he kept the tradition. However, if you wanted anything different to drink, you had to pay normal prices.

Old 01-09-2012, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
I think it's a local thing (number of permits in that area) that dictates if Taratinos serves or not. I've been to a couple of them that did serve Wine and Ale. And I have to say I loved their food.

Speaking of serving. I was doing a project in Texas and they built a new Hooters. The little town didn't like it so they refused to issue a liquor license. Hooters said, "no problem" and they gave, free, 2 glasses of beer with each full meal ordered, or with every 3 snack plates. That was 2 free glasses of beer to each adult at the table. haha There wasn't a thing the town could do. They finally got frustrated after about a month and issued them a liquor license. But the owner, decided that the 2 free beers had such a positive influence on customers, he kept the tradition. However, if you wanted anything different to drink, you had to pay normal prices.
Gotta give the people what they want!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Bozeman