Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Bozeman
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2012, 05:38 PM

9 posts, read 12,613 times

Advertisements

Hello!!! My family and I are going to be visiting Bozeman next month Jan 31st-Feb 3rd. Mainly to see MSU; I got accepted there for next summer. I was wondering if there was anywhere to ice skate?? I found one website for the city and it said all ice rinks were closed. When do those normally open up? Were already going to Bridger Bowl to snowboard but I want to ice skate too. I'm from a small town in Arizona and we have nowhere to ice skate lol. Any help would be great as well as good places to eat or any thing fun to do Thanks and Merry Christmas!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2012, 06:55 PM

1,624 posts, read 4,059,590 times
Haynes is open now until March. They are on North Black. The city website is slow to update. The park rinks should be open when you visit.

Old 12-28-2012, 08:06 PM

1,191 posts, read 3,005,235 times
2 of 3 Bozeman ice skating rinks open | KBZK.com | Z7 | Bozeman, Montana

Old 01-03-2013, 03:59 PM

9 posts, read 12,613 times
Thanks for the great answers!! I have another question. We are staying at the Ramada Inn on Wheat Drive. Which ice rink would be closest? If you could give me a street name so i could google it that would be awesome too Thanks again!!

Old 01-03-2013, 08:42 PM

1,191 posts, read 3,005,235 times
Beall Park would be closest to your hotel.
Take the interstate to Bozeman and exit on North 7th Ave.
As you drive into town on N 7th, turn left (east) on Tamarack.
There is a red light intersection with 7th, so just watch for Tamarack street.
Drive east on Tamarack and then turn south on N Black.
The park and skating rink takes up the full block, including an old stone building by
the rink.
The park is bounded by North Black Ave, North Bozeman Ave, E. Short Street and E. Villard St.

hope that helps

H.I.
Bozeman

Old 07-10-2013, 07:08 AM

66 posts, read 114,797 times
I would like to know if there are any indoor ice skating rinks. I mean clearly outdoors is much nicer, but what does one do in the summer? I am from San Francisco, all of our rinks are indoors expect for a few that are outdoors in the winter, but they are very tiny and filled with children screaming at top volume. Adults who try to actually skate on them can't. The only adults are those attending the children. You will need earplugs but it won't help much.

Our indoor rinks are much bigger and there are ones adults can skate at all year round. It is not a winter thing, people skate when ever they want. Hot days are good for skating. I guess guys swim in the summer?

Old 07-10-2013, 07:11 AM

1,624 posts, read 4,059,590 times
By the time it warms up in Montana, the last thing we want to do is play winter sports.

Old 07-14-2013, 09:07 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,803,417 times
Even Missoulas indoor skating ring is shut down and converted to other activities when the heat starts up in summer. Montanan's are skiiers, snowboarders, snowmobiliers and hunters in the snow, not skaters.

Old 07-14-2013, 09:10 PM

66 posts, read 114,797 times
Too bad, I like to stay in practice all years, since it does not matter when one skates by time of year. I found it I go ahead and take like a year off, I come back a worse skater for that time off.

Old 07-14-2013, 09:20 PM

684 posts, read 1,152,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhuu View Post
I would like to know if there are any indoor ice skating rinks. I mean clearly outdoors is much nicer, but what does one do in the summer? I am from San Francisco, all of our rinks are indoors expect for a few that are outdoors in the winter, but they are very tiny and filled with children screaming at top volume. Adults who try to actually skate on them can't. The only adults are those attending the children. You will need earplugs but it won't help much.

Our indoor rinks are much bigger and there are ones adults can skate at all year round. It is not a winter thing, people skate when ever they want. Hot days are good for skating. I guess guys swim in the summer?
Call Julie Keck. She is manager of the ice skating rink at the fairgrounds., Haynes (sp?) Pavillion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Bozeman