Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Bozeman
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2017, 03:26 PM

169 posts, read 180,004 times

Advertisements

Afternoon, everyone. I've been looking at homes for sale in the Bozeman area and have a question that I hope someone can help me with.

The time on market for many homes is quite long. I've seen houses that have been listed for well over 100 days, and some for close to a year. Is that typical in Bozeman? If so, why the long time to sell?

The houses look really nice (they're not fixers), and of course the area is gorgeous. Where I've lived, and live now, if something has been on the market more than 30 day you start to assume something is wrong with it, or it failed inspections, and it makes you cautious.

Maybe it's just a difference in how hot the market is, real estate-wise. Just curious, so any insight is appreciated.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2017, 09:00 AM

5,401 posts, read 6,530,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtDreamer16 View Post
Afternoon, everyone. I've been looking at homes for sale in the Bozeman area and have a question that I hope someone can help me with.

The time on market for many homes is quite long. I've seen houses that have been listed for well over 100 days, and some for close to a year. Is that typical in Bozeman? If so, why the long time to sell?

The houses look really nice (they're not fixers), and of course the area is gorgeous. Where I've lived, and live now, if something has been on the market more than 30 day you start to assume something is wrong with it, or it failed inspections, and it makes you cautious.

Maybe it's just a difference in how hot the market is, real estate-wise. Just curious, so any insight is appreciated.

Thanks.
I am sorry that I can not speak to the time on the market issue for houses. It might be a price point issue. Residential real estate in MT tends to sell from May until mid October.

I did read in yesterday's Bozeman paper that housing in that area had experienced a 20% increase in value.

Old 07-23-2017, 05:59 PM

8,087 posts, read 15,161,188 times
Not terribly unusual, in my observation (across close on 10 years of looking for property in the area). A lot is due to fantasy prices, which if they can hold out for a while they can probably get, and they know it. The ones I'd worry about are properties that get sold over and over, or are continuously in and out of escrow... that's when someone found a no-go or couldn't get financing, sometimes because of some critical flaw.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Bozeman
View detailed profiles of: