Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2008, 11:43 AM

266 posts, read 911,561 times

Advertisements

I am interested in finding an all-inclusive family camp or resort where families can go and the kids (including preschool age) and the adults can do separate activities (although some activities together would be good too). It doesn't have to be fancy, but I don't want to totally "rough" it--would like a place where each family could have its own accommodations and bathrooms. Also would like it to be a place where people without little kids (some of our childless friends, grandparents, etc.) could come and have a good time and have plenty to do. We live on the East Coast, but we would consider all areas of the country. We especially like the spectacular scenery of the West. We are also not interested in a religious camp (nothing at all against them, it's just that not everyone in our circle would be comfortable with that).

The closest I've found to what I'm looking for is The Tyler Family Camp in Vermont. Any other suggestions?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2008, 02:08 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,995,916 times
Why not try a cruise? No "roughing it" there! And everyone can pretty much do their own thing! Separate cabins for mom and dad, one for the kids, another for g-parents.....
Tons of things to do from strenuous to totally lazy!

Old 10-08-2008, 11:21 AM

266 posts, read 911,561 times
I hear ya, I would love to do a cruise, and that makes perfect sense, but my husband is anti-cruise ships for some reason! He also doesn't like all the reports of weird sicknesses on cruise ships.....

Old 10-14-2008, 11:55 AM

483 posts, read 1,561,529 times
The Tyler Family Camp in Vermont sounds awesome! I too would be interested in any other such camps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing