Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2016, 09:25 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,405,685 times

Advertisements

What i think will happen is at the Republican convention the Republican party will ignore the will of the people and just hand the republican Presidential nomination to some one like Romney, then the fun begins as riots and chaos will be the order of the day.
What a soap opera eh!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2016, 09:26 AM

15,102 posts, read 15,925,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I'm seeing a lot of hate going on for Trump and a lot of people so scared that he might be successful that they are contemplating leaving the country however i'm also seeing him consistantly leading in the polls over his rivals usually by double digits so it would seem a majority of those being polled are liking what Trump is selling. Odd thing is for every positive post i see for Trump i'm seeing 10 negative posts. Whats up?
You see that often though.. I look at the comments people make about so many Politicians and often think how are they elected if these people are reflective of the general populace. Often times its a small group of people commenting.. That said I agree with Ed's post - I think it'll be very very tough based on voter demographics in the U.S for the GOP to win regardless of the nominee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardsyzzurphands View Post
I have no idea why anyone thinks Trump can win a general election and get to 270 on the electoral map. Without the hispanic and black vote at that? Hilarious! Why do you think the GOP is basically shi*ing all over themselves trying to block him from being the nominee.

The GOP created this mess with their flirtation with xenophobic voters (Tea Party, Birther movement, etc..) I for one am enjoying watching them destroy the party from within. Round up all the uneducated trash and whip them into a frenzy, it does not bother me one bit. I also take greater joy in watching this as a black man, knowing that the first black president is the one that made them and their power structure so uncomfortable that they basically went insane. Who would have thought "we" had so much power.
Good post. I remember when Obama was first elected back in 08 there was discussion that the GOP would HAVE to have a paradigm shift in approach if they wanted to become an electable party again, given what is going on with changing demographics.. Well they did that shift but it seems they shifted the wrong way apparently. They have gone the exact opposite it would appear and I think it will be at their long term peril.

Old 03-05-2016, 09:47 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,298,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Sorry no go. Politicians making laws should be smart enough to make smart laws. Laws that allow the police in Arizona to ask " foreign looking " people for their papers is a bad law.

Screaming out about Mexico purposely sending rapists and murders sends what kind of message? All one has to do is pick up a history book to know where that leads us.
Nowadays most illegals aren't even Mexican. However, they have to traverse 1000+ miles THROUGH Mexico to get to the US border. So they violate Mexico's soverignty but a blind eye is turned as they are only passing through.

Old 03-05-2016, 10:56 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,607,785 times
Quote:
I have no idea why anyone thinks Trump can win a general election and get to 270 on the electoral map. Without the hispanic and black vote at that? Hilarious! Why do you think the GOP is basically shi*ing all over themselves trying to block him from being the nominee.

The GOP created this mess with their flirtation with xenophobic voters (Tea Party, Birther movement, etc..) I for one am enjoying watching them destroy the party from within. Round up all the uneducated trash and whip them into a frenzy, it does not bother me one bit. I also take greater joy in watching this as a black man, knowing that the first black president is the one that made them and their power structure so uncomfortable that they basically went insane. Who would have thought "we" had so much power.
Agree.

Old 03-05-2016, 10:59 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,529,197 times
If you think you've seen the full extent of "obstructionism" from the congress; if Trump is elected what you've seen so far will pale by comparison.

Old 03-05-2016, 01:15 PM

3,878 posts, read 5,306,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Good post. I remember when Obama was first elected back in 08 there was discussion that the GOP would HAVE to have a paradigm shift in approach if they wanted to become an electable party again, given what is going on with changing demographics.. Well they did that shift but it seems they shifted the wrong way apparently. They have gone the exact opposite it would appear and I think it will be at their long term peril.
It is insanity and just bad politics when you dont adjust to the direction your country is heading in. The divide within the party is so wide that it may birth a true 3rd party as a result, which I wouldnt exactly be opposed to.

According to Pew Research, the 2016 electorate will be the most diverse in history. Including a 17% increase in eligible latino voters. Even from past elections it showed that you cannot win a general election in the US without the latino vote. "W" was smart in the sense that he did not alienate the latino vote, heck he even had the luxury of parading out his good looking Mexican American nephew that speaks fluent Spanish and his brother Jeb who also speaks fluent spanish. What was the result? Back to Back election wins. Now fast forward to Romeny who made one misstep in saying illegals will "self deport" themselves and he gets his clock cleaned by Obama. Despite being a pretty reasonable centrist on many issues.

So yeah, I aint worried about Trump. Hillary knows he is easy pickins and trust me she does not want the alternative which could have been Rubio, who would have been a formidable opponent. Especially since he is so tied into the Latino community.

Here is the Pew Research poll if you are interested: 2016 electorate will be the most diverse in U.S. history | Pew Research Center

Old 03-05-2016, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
If you think you've seen the full extent of "obstructionism" from the congress; if Trump is elected what you've seen so far will pale by comparison.
I guess that is a good thing, because he wont get jack sh*t done. I have always said that my Governor is more important than who the President is, when it comes to your everyday life. Regardless though, you should be at least somewhat able to respect the leader of the country you live in, Trump wouldnt exactly fit the bill.

Old 03-05-2016, 01:35 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,607,785 times
Quote:
I guess that is a good thing, because he wont get jack sh*t done. I have always said that my Governor is more important than who the President is, when it comes to your everyday life. Regardless though, you should be at least somewhat able to respect the leader of the country you live in, Trump wouldnt exactly fit the bill.
...but what about Trump and international relations and foreign affairs? He might not be able to get much done within the US, but his rhetoric offends many.

Imagine him and the Mexican president ever having a meeting. LOL

Old 03-05-2016, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
...but what about Trump and international relations and foreign affairs? He might not be able to get much done within the US, but his rhetoric offends many.

Imagine him and the Mexican president ever having a meeting. LOL
Yeah I'm not exactly thrilled about that. Him having full control over the military and being the face of the country is not the most comforting feeling on earth. Good thing we wont have to worry about that.

Also to be clear I am not glazing over how harmful his rhetoric is to people psychologically and also the optics of it are terrible. I guess I expect people to be smart enough to see that there is a huge difference between the republican electorate and who actually shows up to vote in a general election.

If the worst happens though, I have Canadian, British and Jamaican along with hopefully soon Panamanian citizenship. So I got options my friend. London would surely be calling my name.

Old 03-05-2016, 02:03 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,529,197 times
Quote:
Yeah I'm not exactly thrilled about that. Him having full control over the military and being the face of the country is not the most comforting feeling on earth. Good thing we wont have to worry about that.

Also to be clear I am not glazing over how harmful his rhetoric is to people psychologically and also the optics of it are terrible. I guess I expect people to be smart enough to see that there is a huge difference between the republican electorate and who actually shows up to vote in a general election.

If the worst happens though, I have Canadian, British and Jamaican along with hopefully soon Panamanian citizenship. So I got options my friend. London would surely be calling my name.
If it comes to that let me know when you're going over and I'll join you for a familiarity "pub crawl"; I'm due.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada