Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2022, 09:21 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,020,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
Covid pre-Omicron and especially pre-vaccines was no joke indeed. But Omicron and the widespread immunity changed that and Omicron is actually no worse than the flu for older people and actually milder than the flu for the majority of people under 50. And the flu has been with us forever and nobody stopped living because of it.
You are talking in such a diminishing and belittling manner as though you think even the flu is nothing serious for older people and seniors.

How old are you? 15? How many times have YOU had the flu and covid? How many people with it have you had to care for, how many have you lost?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2022, 09:37 PM

35,016 posts, read 16,978,303 times
Quote:
Covid pre-Omicron and especially pre-vaccines was no joke indeed. But Omicron and the widespread immunity changed that and Omicron is actually no worse than the flu for older people and actually milder than the flu for the majority of people under 50. And the flu has been with us forever and nobody stopped living because of it.
My doctor and I were talking about that today. As I posted above she said given my apparent infection in February 2020 I'm lucky to be alive.

Old 04-09-2022, 01:28 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,543,399 times
Quote:
Did they get it recently (Omicron)?
They both got it last week.

I haven't spoken with them about which variant. I'll ask when I get the chance.

Last edited by Natnasci; 04-09-2022 at 02:52 PM..

Old 04-09-2022, 02:50 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,122,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
You are talking in such a diminishing and belittling manner as though you think even the flu is nothing serious for older people and seniors.

How old are you? 15? How many times have YOU had the flu and covid? How many people with it have you had to care for, how many have you lost?

No. I am saying Covid is no longer an emergency and people should start taking personal responsibility for their health and all mandates should end the same way we never had flu mandates. How many more children need to get depressed or commit suicide because of school closure, masking, hunger, social isolation and rules they have to follow that are intended for adults? The problem is real but everybody ignores it.

Old 04-23-2022, 08:12 AM

5,102 posts, read 2,048,180 times
Quote:
No. I am saying Covid is no longer an emergency and people should start taking personal responsibility for their health and all mandates should end the same way we never had flu mandates. How many more children need to get depressed or commit suicide because of school closure, masking, hunger, social isolation and rules they have to follow that are intended for adults? The problem is real but everybody ignores it.
That reminds me, in Quebec, from what I heard on that French exterpt, some still want to keep the emergency rolling and rolling like the Energizer rabbit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCwNEjDJid8

And I know lots of C-D users dislike American Thinker but they posted a interesting article about connecting the dots about the early covid treatments and the last line was worth to quote.
https://www.americanthinker.com/arti...reatments.html

Quote:
If you still believe the lockdowns, mandates, and medical recommendations were hammered out in good faith, I have some Moderna stock to sell you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada