Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2024, 08:47 AM

143 posts, read 150,336 times

Advertisements

The brand I get works pretty good, but he has some wet nights. I use a pad also and sometimes that's not enough. Will be going to the doctor soon to discuss this, but just looking for a better brand of overnights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2024, 10:55 AM

3,748 posts, read 12,400,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyf View Post
The brand I get works pretty good, but he has some wet nights. I use a pad also and sometimes that's not enough. Will be going to the doctor soon to discuss this, but just looking for a better brand of overnights.
I've found that Depends holds the most contents but are bulky and less comfortable for DH. I've switched to a less expensive brand (store brand) and also use a waterproof mattress protector and what I've always called a "piddle pad". That's the green backed quilted square bed protectors you see in stores. Most of the time, it's only the diaper that needs changing. I've found that the triple system (diaper, mattress protector
& protection square) works for even the worst accidents.

Old 01-29-2024, 05:26 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,764,742 times
Depends briefs or the white ones sold by Amazon work well. The amazon ones are a bit cheaper and work equally well (but then you are supporting amazon).

Puppy pads are massively cheaper and work well.

We use a washable pad then two puppy pads, then depends or the Amazon equivalent. Also a mattress cover impenetrable to liquids.

Old 01-29-2024, 09:08 AM

971 posts, read 533,657 times
I think the Assure brand are best, but more expensive. My aunt gets some underwear like depends from Medicaid, I put pee pads under her sheets and one on top (got tired of changing the sheet and mattress pad everyday). I keep a package of the assure underwear on hand in case we don't get the new box of underwear from Medicaid before we run out. And even so, we still use poise pads in the underwear so that she doesn't have to change every two hours.

I tried diapers but it is too much work. My aunt still can get herself out of bed so we are not at the diaper stage once she recoverd (somewhat) from covid.

Old 02-22-2024, 06:32 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,764,742 times
We just bought some really good adult diapers. They are plastic instead of paper. The caretakers raved about how great they are. They were from amazon. Downside: $139 for 40 diapers. Also they run large.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082FNNL5W...roduct_details

Pricy but far an above better.

Old 02-24-2024, 09:12 AM

971 posts, read 533,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyf View Post
Of all the ones I have tried for my aunt the Assurance brand are the best I have access to. You can get them at Walmart. I got the brand name wrong in my previous post.

Old 02-25-2024, 11:21 AM

9,110 posts, read 6,155,520 times
Abena is a family owned Danish company. provides a plethora of sizes and absorbencies.

https://abenausa.com/collections/incontinence-care

They also have booster pads to add additional absorption.

Last edited by Lillie767; 02-25-2024 at 11:30 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving