Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 07:56 PM

4,046 posts, read 2,130,991 times

Advertisements

Just like my previous cat, Belina waits until we turn off the lights before she jumps on the bed. It almost makes me feel like they want to sneak on to the bed without us knowing so we won't realize that they want to be with us! I know that a cat really can't think this way, but I can't come up with an explanation for it. It's not that either one is sneaking on to the bed because they aren't allowed---we encourage Belina to be with us while we are reading in bed, but she only comes once the lights are off---and then stays all night.

Do your cats do this? Can you figure out the cat psychology with this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2012, 08:04 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,355,088 times
No. Jasper comes to bed with me, and settles right down.

Old 04-24-2012, 08:23 PM

2,873 posts, read 5,850,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
No. Jasper comes to bed with me, and settles right down.
JJ too...in fact he won't go to bed until I'm ready and take him with me. He waits in his cat bed on my desk while I'm on the computer. Once I put him in the bed he curls right up and goes straight to sleep.

Old 04-25-2012, 07:15 AM

41,951 posts, read 75,167,069 times
Mine don't even wait for me to come upstairs. They claim the bed long before I'm ready to crawl in.

Old 04-25-2012, 08:14 AM

575 posts, read 1,995,929 times
Lexie goes can't wait to go to bed. She paces and makes it know she is ready so everyone else needs to pack it in and go to bed LOL. I can look at her and say "lexie jane - night night time" and she hauls @ss to the bed

Simon will not come to bed with ME, but runs to bed with the DAD! I can be tucked in to watch t.v. and call him and he will come in the room and stare at me, but not get in the bed. Or he comes and sits on my hubbys pillow and waits for the right person to get there.

Makari comes to bed when we've settled in and cuddles with me. When I wake in the night he's almost always gone or sometimes at my husbands feet. I the morning when he hears me wake up he comes running in to snuggle me some more. We say he puts me to bed the checks on me when I get up LOL

Old 04-25-2012, 09:27 AM

2,401 posts, read 4,683,090 times
Not always.

But she sure loves to be in the bed while I am making it.

Old 04-25-2012, 12:01 PM

2,873 posts, read 5,850,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hueyeats View Post
Not always.

But she sure loves to be in the bed while I am making it.
Awww...Heather and Nic both used to love this. Somehow I'd forgotten that. They loved being under the new sheet and getting wrestled with or rubbed. Neither JJ or Robin does this.

Now I'm kind of sad (but in a good way)

Old 04-25-2012, 12:01 PM

414 posts, read 1,094,769 times
My cat will come to bed when the lights are on if I'm doing something "interesting" like reading. Anything where he thinks he's being ignored. But otherwise he waits to hop up and sleep with me until the lights are off and I'm all settled in.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:28 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,988,840 times
Only one of my cats sleeps on the bed. He'll lay on my stomach as I read in bed every night. That's his special time with me. Then after about 15 minutes he'll sleep beside me for the rest of the night. Some nights he chooses to sleep on the sofa or on one of the cat condos.

Old 04-26-2012, 12:41 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,440,498 times
My kitty does the opposite. The ritual is I get in my jammies while petting her while she is on the edge of the bed. Then I get into bed still petting her. Eventually she will make her way to the foot of the bed and stretch out on her little piece of fleece material. She will stay there until I turn off the light and then she will immediately leap down from the bed and go into the living room to sleep.

Sometime during the night she will either come back to sleep at the foot of the bed or more than likely wind up sleeping on top of my hope chest which also as a fleecy thingy on it. Other times she will stay in the living room.

Two cats I used to have insisted upon snuggling up next to me. It was always in the same order with the same on next to me while I was curled up on my side and the other then curled up next to her making her the middle of a people-cat sandwich.

Cats are the craziest people!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats