Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 07:00 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,394,751 times

Advertisements

Have you ever been doing sometime totally routine, and discover your cat looking at you like you're completely crazy? Several years ago my dilute calico female Angel, about 2 years old at the time, managed to get into the bathroom while I was taking a shower. She's always been a bit of a talker and I knew she was there because I could here her chattering over the running water. When I pulled back the curtain, there she was looking up at me with eyes a little bigger & rounder than usual. We just looked at each other for a little bit, then she let out a louder than normal meow. I said "What?". She gave one of her signature trills, then turned and walked out of the bathroom. It almost looked like she was shaking her head back & forth as she left. Thinking about it later, I came to the conclusion that she ( like all cats) simply cannot understand why we take all our fur off and purposely get wet every day.
I often wonder how many other things we do seem quite odd to our cats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2013, 07:17 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,441,787 times
Well, sitting and staring at a computer would have to be one of them! Although one of my cats has watched a few videos with me. Some of cats playing and one of flocks of birds. Once the novelty wore off he wouldn't do it any more.

Old 08-08-2013, 08:16 PM

6,825 posts, read 9,070,841 times
This thread is worthless without pictures (or video).

Old 08-08-2013, 10:00 PM

2,279 posts, read 4,748,118 times
Mine thinks it's pretty strange that I willingly take a bath or shower. She'll perch on the side of the tub and stare at me, highly concerned. She chatters frantically... I think she's saying "Mama! Mama! You're getting WET! With WATER! Don't you realize you're getting wet! And what happened to all your fur and your tail?"

She also thinks it's pretty strange that I do all kinds of things she thinks are for her amusement (cooking, ironing, assembling Ikea furniture) but won't let her help.

Old 08-08-2013, 11:09 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,392,821 times
Jasper thinks it is very strange that I don't eat salmon for every meal. He can't understand why Mama would want to eat nasty stir fried vegetables for dinner.

Old 08-09-2013, 03:25 AM

3,445 posts, read 6,070,984 times
My cats obviously think its strange that im sleeping at 3am

Old 08-09-2013, 06:26 AM

400 posts, read 750,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
Thinking about it later, I came to the conclusion that she ( like all cats) simply cannot understand why we take all our fur off and purposely get wet every day.
^^^

A new pair of shoes gets an odd look, feet to me back and forth, as if making sure a stranger hasn't walked in. My tabby boy has always been the one to wait for me while I shower. Until the last Calico adoption, tabby was the omega. I think he enjoyed my shower because none of the others were in there waiting. His, all his! With the new little girl in the house, he has recently stopped joining me every time I shower. A little off topic but speaking of those two, I watched him do something I'd never seen a cat do. In the beginning, the Calico kitten was being pushy about communicating with him instead of rolling over. She was following him doing some slapping and grabbing. He was taking it until one more slap and he gave her what I call a butt slap, slamming into her with his hip. It was hard enough to knock her over into a roll. He turned his head and watched her and then it looked as if she was grinning and glad to "finally" get the attention she wanted.

Old 08-09-2013, 06:47 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,141,054 times
My two guys think it strange I would want to be alone in the bathroom doing my business so one or the other has to come in and keep me company sometimes doing their own business or sometimes standing on their tiptoes to beg for attention.

Old 08-09-2013, 06:52 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,735,546 times
Using the bathroom. Both of mine will sit and stare at me, and Peanut will sometimes meow and try to hop on my lap. Also, loading the dishwasher. They find this fascinating, though it might be more that they're hoping I'll drop some food scrap on the floor...

Old 08-09-2013, 10:07 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,385,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
Have you ever been doing sometime totally routine, and discover your cat looking at you like you're completely crazy? Several years ago my dilute calico female Angel, about 2 years old at the time, managed to get into the bathroom while I was taking a shower. She's always been a bit of a talker and I knew she was there because I could here her chattering over the running water. When I pulled back the curtain, there she was looking up at me with eyes a little bigger & rounder than usual. We just looked at each other for a little bit, then she let out a louder than normal meow. I said "What?". She gave one of her signature trills, then turned and walked out of the bathroom. It almost looked like she was shaking her head back & forth as she left. Thinking about it later, I came to the conclusion that she ( like all cats) simply cannot understand why we take all our fur off and purposely get wet every day.
I often wonder how many other things we do seem quite odd to our cats.
That's funny. I used to have a couple of kitties that would stand inside the shower, on the corners of the tub when I was taking a shower.

I woke in the middle of the night one night and one of those same kitties was sitting on the toilet....

Goofy cats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats