Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2014, 11:29 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,071,598 times

Advertisements

Bobbles is chattering up at storm at all the birds outside. She'll sit for hours and hours in the same position with only the end of tail twitching as she chatters away. It's too adorable. There should be laws.

She been an angel since she lightly bit my face. I haven't been cuddled so much. My son managed to cut one front claw while she was napping. One cut and she walked away. He'll have to get her when she's in deeper zombie mode.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2014, 11:58 AM

41,965 posts, read 75,217,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Bobbles is chattering up at storm at all the birds outside. She'll sit for hours and hours in the same position with only the end of tail twitching as she chatters away. It's too adorable. There should be laws.
So cute!

Cookie actually chirps at the birds. I don't think she's fooling them, though.

My cats actually fight over the windowsill that's closest to the bird feeders. Cat TV - it's always on!

Old 05-03-2014, 12:21 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,373,958 times
Quote:

She been an angel since she lightly bit my face. I haven't been cuddled so much. My son managed to cut one front claw while she was napping. One cut and she walked away. He'll have to get her when she's in deeper zombie mode.
Just curious, is hubby & son still letting her rough play with their hands /arms?

Always enjoyed watching my cats chatter at the birds. Thing is though, they hardly ever do it anymore since they've gotten older. It was pretty common at one time, but became less and less over the years.
They still watch them religiously, but hardly ever chatter now. Strange.

Old 05-03-2014, 01:14 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,283,360 times
Elvira was chattering (or is that "CATtering" ) at the birds this morning.

Cat

Old 05-03-2014, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
Just curious, is hubby & son still letting her rough play with their hands /arms?
They both stopped playing rough with her last year. The let her bite at their hands/arms without roughing her back. Hubby hasn't had a chance since the biting of my face because he has been in and out of the hospital all week. My son has only been home for a brief time and only let it happen a couple of times but not around the time of the biting.

When she bit me, my son immediately reprimanded her with a cat sound he used to make when she was tiny. He had this cat sound, that in his mind mimicked a mother cats scolding her kittens. She hasn't bothered me since. She is coming to cuddle multiple times per day, and she really had not cuddled with me in a loooooooooong time. It would be nice to think she learned something and wants to show me affection, but I suspect it's just a plot to get me to trust her again so she can plan her next move.

Love the chattering! This is the first time she has done it. She was too young to reach the windowsills before last winter. She's having a blast at the windows and screen doors today. She wore herself out and she's sleeping now.

Old 05-03-2014, 01:49 PM

41,965 posts, read 75,217,462 times
Quote:
It would be nice to think she learned something and wants to show me affection, but I suspect it's just a plot to get me to trust her again so she can plan her next move.
Well, you have said she's a master manipulator.

Old 05-03-2014, 03:33 PM

We probably shouldn't talk about Bobbles or at least keep it to a whisper when we do. She started almost immediately after my posting in this thread. She jumped up on my chest to cuddle like she has for days and then decided to go to town on my wrist. I put her down and she started stalking me and wouldn't stop so I put her in her cage. Either she's mad at me for telling people she's abusing me or she truly was plotting all along to get me when my guard was down. lol

Old 05-03-2014, 07:39 PM

Quote:
We probably shouldn't talk about Bobbles or at least keep it to a whisper when we do. She started almost immediately after my posting in this thread. She jumped up on my chest to cuddle like she has for days and then decided to go to town on my wrist. I put her down and she started stalking me and wouldn't stop so I put her in her cage. Either she's mad at me for telling people she's abusing me or she truly was plotting all along to get me when my guard was down. lol
Bobbles is becoming quite the character. Perhaps you should write a book about her someday (put me down for a copy).

btw- hope your husband is doing ok.

Old 05-04-2014, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
btw- hope your husband is doing ok.
My goodness. It has been a very rough week. We just received good news. We just got back from the ER---again. 11 hours later and we FINALLY have a diagnosis after a week of seeing two doctors in offices an a few other ER visits. Pneumonia. (I figured that out on Wednesday myself!) Why 11 hours this visit for something so simple to diagnose? Long story. Too long to tell with my only having 4 hours sleep in the past 48 hours. Maybe later I'll post a thread in the medical forum as an example of why it's important to question doctors repeatedly about everything they say that doesn't make sense and don't stop until they do make sense! I'm so glad he's finally receiving appropriate treatment.

Old 05-04-2014, 01:22 PM

Quote:
My goodness. It has been a very rough week. We just received good news. We just got back from the ER---again. 11 hours later and we FINALLY have a diagnosis after a week of seeing two doctors in offices an a few other ER visits. Pneumonia. (I figured that out on Wednesday myself!) Why 11 hours this visit for something so simple to diagnose? Long story. Too long to tell with my only having 4 hours sleep in the past 48 hours. Maybe later I'll post a thread in the medical forum as an example of why it's important to question doctors repeatedly about everything they say that doesn't make sense and don't stop until they do make sense! I'm so glad he's finally receiving appropriate treatment.
I also learned that lesson over the years my wife was ill. Good advice that should be followed whenever dealing with doctors/hospitals. Glad they got a handle on it & wishing your husband a speedy recovery.
Now go get some rest (if you haven't already).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats