Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 02:47 PM

7,201 posts, read 15,004,595 times

Advertisements

My sincerest sympathy..... may you meet again at Rainbow Bridge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2014, 02:52 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,288,194 times
(((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))

I know what it is like having to make that decision. Been there, done that and it is the hardest decision to make. I also had a cat who lost her vision. She seemed to have sensed me and would following me.

Just know that you are doing what you think is the right thing to do. And I'm sure Maggie knows that too.

I wish you Peace.

Cat

Old 05-05-2014, 03:57 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,842,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
As I'm typing this, she is sitting here in my office purring and stretching and seemingly content. .
It's uncanny how cats know the end is near and "rally" in response.
After her "Farewell Tour" around the neighborhood - which ended up being exactly a week before she died - Weasie was in amazing form. The January day was stupendously warm, 68F. So after we'd made the rounds (which took a large portion of the afternoon, lol) I decided to perch on the stoop and read. As she had done on countless occasions before, Weeze promptly walked out the door and took her place on the opposite side. To have had a camera-equipped cellphone for a "selfie"...But there was business to attend to. After only a few minutes, she trotted down the stairs and then skipped along the sidewalk the way she'd done as a kitten nineteen years before. Spotting a flying insect, without hesitation she leapt into the air and took a swat at it before cavorting on up the block. "I'm not 19 years old! I haven't been ravaged by liver cancer for the past six months!" she seemed to be shouting to the world. It wasn't until an hour or so later that she came home on her own accord.
And then, on the last full day of her life, we spent a goodly part of the day just snoozing and schmoozing together. Her purr had gone silent sometime before. But also unheard were the wails of agony she'd been producing for several days. For hours at a time she stayed calmly and peacefully curled up on my lap or next to me. On the morning of her last trip to the vet, the small group of people whom I'd invited over for a "pre-wake" experienced the same thing. Without complaint she was gently passed from person to person for a final snuggle.
In both instances, Weasie had willed herself to project the idea that everything was perfect in her world. But we both knew this was sadly far from true. So I'm relieved to know that Maggie's "rallying" wasn't mistaken for a signal to call off the appointment - which, if in the Eastern time zone, has been kept by now. She wasn't communicating that her time had yet to come, far from it. Like Weasie, she (I believe) was actually letting you know that she was as ready as she'd ever be to make her departure.
Weasie died on January 14, 2012. I still miss, and think about, her all the time even though her mother-and-daughter successors keep me entertained and are much loved. I tend her ashes' burial place, and in fact just yesterday conferred with a metalworker neighbor about the grave marker which just might get made this year. But she hasn't gone completely, not at all. Every now and then there's another unexplainable incident which clues me in that we'll someday meet again some way.
"Grief has no timetable." However, eventually happy nostalgia will win out over the sadness and will carry the day every day. You can trust me on this one.

Old 05-05-2014, 04:23 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,820,291 times
I'm so sorry about Maggie.

Old 05-05-2014, 06:11 PM

335 posts, read 620,436 times
So sorry about Maggie, my heart goes out to you. It's never an easy decision. Chaos was 2 weeks from turning 19 when we made the agonizing decision. We probably waited a year too long, but I was so convinced she was ok. (Look! She's jumping up onto the couch! She must be ok!) Be strong for her.

Old 05-06-2014, 02:43 AM

2,087 posts, read 4,288,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguardisle View Post

Anyway those who believe in reincarnation will tell you that she will come back to you again someday.
15 pages, and 144 posts ago ...

When my beloved Saber left our world, he left behind a GIFT.

I initially thought this GIFT was for me ... alone.

It is not.

It is for suffering animals and the people tasked with protecting them. They are also suffering.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/cats/...l#post33410120

When you have finished listening to Saber's playlist you will no longer [need to] feel guilty ... That's the beauty of his GIFT ... and hopefully the pain will lessen somewhat.

Saber's GIFT illuminates their side, their feelings, their needs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please don't debate the validity of this reading, that's not my purpose for sharing it or the reason I started this thread, it simply offers a different perspective.

Thank You.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Excerpts from: VISITATIONS and SIGNS, from deceased felines ?

What Saber told me through an Animal Communicator on 7/9 2011

I am so happy that you are talking to me today because I want my mom to know that everything is perfect here in heaven. First I am not coming back to her just yet. I will come back to her but I am not on my way. I want to tell her that when I died I felt her by my side the whole time. I died in her embrace. When I rose to heaven I rose in the most beautiful steam and colors. There was not an ounce of fear. I rose and I felt pure again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mom, I want you to know that you have many angels here and they all are rooting for you. Mom, I can touch you from here and I can go with you everywhere. When I come back to you I want you to teach me how to be on a harness so I can travel more with you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mom, I think that the universe did those things so that it was easier to let go of each other. I think that because my life changed that way it was easier for my mind to see a different kind of being.
Mom, I will come back to you mom you will know me immediately. There are somethings that I am doing here too mom I am helping you get the word out. I think it is important.
Mom, I feel good about talking to you. I just want all your stress to go away and just to know that I love you and I am here with you and you dont have to search for me you just have to know that when the time is right I will appear and you will know instantly that it is me. there will be no doubt. None at all. So please do not worry about that.
Mom, I want you to know that I love you more than the universe itself and that everything happened the way it should and at night time or anytime throughout the day when you talk to me I will hear you and I will talk back. we still have that close relationship and it will only get stronger.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" and you will know instantly that it is me. there will be no doubt. None at all."

I knew Saber was back. I found him on Craigslist, a January born kitten, only 6 weeks old the day I first saw him again. The rest of his litter had been claimed weeks before, "then the emails just stopped". I was the only person to inquire about him.

Although he wouldn't be ready to come home to me for at least another two weeks, I drove across town, the end of February 2012 to claim him and bring food for the kittens and their mother. I arranged for him to stay with his mother and remaining litter mates until he was 10 weeks old.

Pulling up to the door of the apartment where Saber was reborn was surreal.

At the time, I lived in a mobile home with a row of apartments across from it. The property where Saber was born, miles across town, was laid out almost identically. Not a common occurrence, it turns out.

I didn't know Saber/Tigers actual birthdate until I asked the day I brought him home. He was born on my birthday.

After he came home, I had tried for months to get him into a harness. He was only interested in chewing on it.
Then, at the end of June, while I was just holding the harness, Tiger slipped his head into it. I fastened it around him.

Instead of taking our time, went straight outside. He knew how to walk on a harness.
~~~~~~~~~~~

I had asked Saber to wait to come back to me until I found the right vet. I couldn't bear to put him through all that again.
When I was calling mobile vets in December 2012, to come to the house to put Meeko to sleep, I accidently called the vet that had put Saber to sleep. That same vet, became Meeko's vet until March 2013, until we could no longer manage Meeko's pain, and we determined we couldn't cure him.

He is our vet now.

Old 05-06-2014, 08:39 AM

24,597 posts, read 10,909,474 times
My heart goes out to you! Please remember your good times together. She will never be gone but there will be room for a furry in need of a good home in the future.

Old 05-06-2014, 11:00 AM

2,186 posts, read 4,576,663 times
I just saw your post and just wanted to express my heartfelt condolences to you. Hard as it was to make that decision, you did it out of love and what was the best for her. Her littermate will miss her but you will still have a furbaby to hold and nurture. Treasure the memories you hold of her - you shared many wonderful years together. You knew her best - and her actions in recent weeks told you she was in distress. Let your heart grieve and heal, and remember her always.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats