Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2022, 02:33 AM

115 posts, read 103,321 times

Advertisements

I had one cat that was so clingy, that she was closer than my shadow, followed me everywhere. She would sit by the window when I left for work and would be in the same spot when I returned home. She had 3 previous owners, so I just assumed her attachment was due to having so many previous owners. I had another cat that was not clingy, she would check on me. but that was kind of suspect because she did so when meals were due or bedtime. LOLOLOL.
Many cats will follow you around, as they think of you as the leader of the heard, and they love you. Perhaps after a year or two, your fur baby will feel comfortable enough to relax enough to let you out of her sight for longer periods of time.

If you become ill, they will lovingly sit by your side watching over you. I had H1N1 and was ill seriously ill the first week and a half. My fur babies never left my side at the foot of the bed. They were quiet and comforting. I felt as if they were watching over me, even though I was surrounded by family.

As previous comments state, learn to get used to the fur baby under your feet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2022, 07:01 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,462,161 times
I was involved in a rest home ministry a number of years ago. One room we stopped to visit had an elderly woman that was not responsive, laying in her bed very still, not moving. Right next to her was her grey tabby cat. The cat was curled up pressed next to her. It was her cat and it never left her side. She got to keep it in her room as it never wandered off anywhere. I believe her family brought that cat to stay there.

I still get sad when I recall that visit.

Old 11-23-2022, 08:13 AM

836 posts, read 775,908 times
We have one shadow cat and one that makes her grand entrance whenever she feels like it….

The stage 5 clinger is the type of cat my wife has wanted since her previous friend passed away 20 years ago. He is also the most vocal cat I have ever been in contact with.

Old 11-23-2022, 10:38 AM

9,424 posts, read 11,179,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
Yes, my three boys are pretty clingy, especially around the time they get fed. Here is Chai offering to go out of town with me on a recent house hunting expedition. I would love to have had him come along, he’s a great boy who follows me around like a dog.
That is the cutest photo! Mischief in a friendly affectionate sort of way.

Old 11-23-2022, 11:52 AM

834 posts, read 467,552 times
She loves you Man!

Old 11-24-2022, 09:29 AM

3,275 posts, read 1,753,347 times
Within my limited catknowledge I'd say that those markings look like a Tabby, supposedly with the most dog-like cat behavior. Our cat has similar markings and behavior. Perfectly normal behavior for a Tabby.

Old 11-24-2022, 11:05 AM

1,394 posts, read 1,260,247 times
Mine does the same: occasionally I carry him like a prince!

Old 01-08-2023, 06:49 PM

47 posts, read 34,383 times
Buddy has started to since the recent move...well, when he is awake. I think it has to do with line-of-sight. Previous studio was so small, there was nowhere I could go he could not keep an eye on me. This one is a bit larger with a few blind spots.

Old 01-08-2023, 08:08 PM

9,424 posts, read 11,179,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navyshow View Post
I was involved in a rest home ministry a number of years ago. One room we stopped to visit had an elderly woman that was not responsive, laying in her bed very still, not moving. Right next to her was her grey tabby cat. The cat was curled up pressed next to her. It was her cat and it never left her side. She got to keep it in her room as it never wandered off anywhere. I believe her family brought that cat to stay there.

I still get sad when I recall that visit.
Loving and loyal to the end. I hope kitty found a good and kindly home after her mom passed on. Tabby deserves it.

Old 01-10-2023, 11:07 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,295,927 times
Update: 3 Years after adopting Glinda she still follows me everywhere. Once in a blue moon she will wander off and take a nap on her own in a different room, but that is a rare occurance. 99% of the time she is still my shadow follwing me from room to room. I have accepted my fate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats