Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2024, 01:19 PM

5,651 posts, read 6,208,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Grayson had to be euthanized Thursday. He's had two previous issues with UTI's since he found us 18 months ago. This time he was completely blocked. Would have cost thousands of dollars for his surgery and it's a long, painful recuperation plus a stay at the hospital for at least a week. He was around 3 years old and had such a great personality. We miss him and even Miss Binx who tolerated him seems to be looking for him. Gave the vet's office the brand new cat carrier.

I feel guilty because one of my big concerns with this move was traveling with two dogs and two cats. Now it's just one cat. :-(
That is awful - I am so sorry to hear of your loss. With all the upheaval you've got going on you didn't need this. As another poster indicated, at least it didn't happen while in transit. RIP, Grayson.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2024, 09:01 AM

15,219 posts, read 10,299,568 times
We made it! It took 3 days and 2 nights in a hotel, but we arrived late on March 4th. Miss Binx was absolutely amazing that she didn't meow the whole time except once or twice. Both the dogs were fine, Coco, the tiny one was in my lap on a pillow the entire trip. We didn't realize how blind she has become because we were in a house that she was familiar with, but she is almost totally blind. To see her walking into walls and stuff is very sad. I feel bad for her. Plus, she has had diarrhea since we got here so her time with us may be short.

The altitude will take some getting used to, that's for sure. I get winded easily compared to Florida. We had an epic snow this past Thursday which still hasn't melted. My small backyard is mostly mud now because they can't lay the sod until May. I have beautiful views of Pikes Peak through many of my windows.

All in all, the trip was better than I expected. The house has been a bit of a challenge for both me and the dogs. They are used to having a large yard and now they have a small one with no grass. The community is still under construction so there's no green space to walk Hannah yet. But every day gets a little better.

Thank you all for you advice and support.

Oh, BTW, I bought a Suburu Forester and I love it! Made the trip much easier.

Old 03-24-2024, 07:18 PM

5,651 posts, read 6,208,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
We made it! It took 3 days and 2 nights in a hotel, but we arrived late on March 4th. Miss Binx was absolutely amazing that she didn't meow the whole time except once or twice. Both the dogs were fine, Coco, the tiny one was in my lap on a pillow the entire trip. We didn't realize how blind she has become because we were in a house that she was familiar with, but she is almost totally blind. To see her walking into walls and stuff is very sad. I feel bad for her. Plus, she has had diarrhea since we got here so her time with us may be short.

The altitude will take some getting used to, that's for sure. I get winded easily compared to Florida. We had an epic snow this past Thursday which still hasn't melted. My small backyard is mostly mud now because they can't lay the sod until May. I have beautiful views of Pikes Peak through many of my windows.

All in all, the trip was better than I expected. The house has been a bit of a challenge for both me and the dogs. They are used to having a large yard and now they have a small one with no grass. The community is still under construction so there's no green space to walk Hannah yet. But every day gets a little better.

Thank you all for you advice and support.

Oh, BTW, I bought a Suburu Forester and I love it! Made the trip much easier.
I am so glad to hear you made it safe and sound! I hope your transition goes equally well!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats