Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 09:57 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,878,463 times

Advertisements

After 9 years I bailed on Verizon for T-Mobile. the customer service is far superior. Verizon could care less.

my bill for exactly the same service. dropped from $150 to $85...unlimited cell, text, internet. I have the new Samsung Galaxy S 4G. It is much nicer than that crappy Motorola product.

I use to work for Sprint in the international headquarters. their Customer Service was the worse. and the network wasn't great

Verizon has a great network but horrible phones that can't last the 2 years oft he contracts. Their Customer service sucks as well.

At&T was decent but had a few areas of weakness and like Verizon is very expensive.

Nextel was pretty inadequate

Cingular was so-so when they were around (now At&T)

With the proposed buy out T-mobile contracts will be honored by AT&T. They will be the largest carrier hands down if approved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2011, 06:45 PM

939 posts, read 3,388,635 times
Just throwing fuel on the fire.

ChangeWave Survey Results: AT&T iPhone 4 Owners vs. Verizon iPhone 4 Owners

Overall Dropped Call Rates Among Wireless Providers

Quote:
For the past few years ChangeWave has been tracking overall dropped call rates among the major wireless service providers in its consumer surveys.

In the current survey, Verizon continues to maintain the best overall rating in the industry, with their customers reporting on average only 1.4% of calls dropped over the past 90 days. T-Mobile (2.3%) comes in second, followed by Sprint/Nextel (2.7%).

AT&T ranks last among the four major providers in the current survey – with its customers reporting an average of 4.6% of calls dropped over the past 90 days.

Old 04-08-2011, 01:22 AM

1,986 posts, read 3,604,671 times
"Simple question...would you rather have a company with alot of towers and is constantly expanding...and that is not AT&T" - Lancet71

Actually, it sounds like AT&T.

As part of its 4G expansion in the Twin Cities this year, AT&T said it will improve wired data-carrying connections to more than 300 wireless cell antennas, add about 10 new antenna sites and enhance 45 existing cell antenna sites so they can handle more traffic

AT&T expanding 4G network in Twin Cities | StarTribune.com

AT&T plans the following network improvements in the Atlanta area to include deployment of enhanced backhaul connections to more than 450 cell sites to enable 4G speeds and add capacity to support more mobile traffic, like adding traffic lanes to a highway.

AT&T Expands Its Services in Atlanta

AT&T officials said they plan to upgrade 178 sites to carry data at fourth-generation

Replace more than 400 antennas at more than 96 cell sites across Charlotte and along major highways to improve voice quality and reduce dropped calls - a major source of irritation for many customers.
Upgrade wireless capacity for at least 259 cell towers across the area.
Install about 23 additional cell towers around the city.

AT&T to bring 4G speeds to Charlotte - CharlotteObserver.com (http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/04/02/2190431/att-to-bring-4g-speeds-to-charlotte.html - broken link)

There's like 100+ more, but you get the picture. AT&T has a $19 billion dollar investment in its's wireless and wireline services.

"The real test will be who can beat Sprint's 4G which is very fast now. Sprint's LTE will put AT&T to shame in metro areas" - linicx

Sprint does not have LTE.

"Just throwing fuel on the fire." - gvillager

AT&T's mobile data traffic grew by 8000%. And they struggled.

http://onlinenewswebsite.com/att-pur...mobile/106702/

Old 04-08-2011, 08:02 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,168,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen1110 View Post
"Simple question...would you rather have a company with alot of towers and is constantly expanding...and that is not AT&T" - Lancet71

Actually, it sounds like AT&T.

As part of its 4G expansion in the Twin Cities this year, AT&T said it will improve wired data-carrying connections to more than 300 wireless cell antennas, add about 10 new antenna sites and enhance 45 existing cell antenna sites so they can handle more traffic

AT&T expanding 4G network in Twin Cities | StarTribune.com

AT&T plans the following network improvements in the Atlanta area to include deployment of enhanced backhaul connections to more than 450 cell sites to enable 4G speeds and add capacity to support more mobile traffic, like adding traffic lanes to a highway.

AT&T Expands Its Services in Atlanta

AT&T officials said they plan to upgrade 178 sites to carry data at fourth-generation

Replace more than 400 antennas at more than 96 cell sites across Charlotte and along major highways to improve voice quality and reduce dropped calls - a major source of irritation for many customers.
Upgrade wireless capacity for at least 259 cell towers across the area.
Install about 23 additional cell towers around the city.

AT&T to bring 4G speeds to Charlotte - CharlotteObserver.com (http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/04/02/2190431/att-to-bring-4g-speeds-to-charlotte.html - broken link)

There's like 100+ more, but you get the picture. AT&T has a $19 billion dollar investment in its's wireless and wireline services.

"The real test will be who can beat Sprint's 4G which is very fast now. Sprint's LTE will put AT&T to shame in metro areas" - linicx

Sprint does not have LTE.

"Just throwing fuel on the fire." - gvillager

AT&T's mobile data traffic grew by 8000%. And they struggled.

http://onlinenewswebsite.com/att-pur...mobile/106702/

Boy, we all need to get out our boots because the sh-- is rerally getting deep. AT&T has been putting off upgrading more than anyone. Anyone can say that they are planning expansion while letting their subscribers roam 90% of the time and that's what AT&T has done. People want proof not promises. Our country has promised that it will get better but any sane person know that it will take years. At least we are trying. AT&T has told lies for years about its network and now they are promising expansion. I'll believe it when I see it. By the way, if AT&T is going to expand, why wouldn't it do the work in the areas with the most subscribers and the largest demand for data? Ever heard of New York City, Los Angeles? Nah, instead we'll go fix Minnesota. I would bet my life that once the deal is official and AT&T re-organizes and creates new plans for the AT&T/T-Mobile customers that will be joined together, you will see a ton of people abandoning ship!!! I got to see first hand the Alltel-Verizon merger and some weren't happy but they are a better company than AT&T. I forsee Sprint gaining many new customers as well as prepaid.

Old 04-17-2011, 11:08 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,989,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
After 9 years I bailed on Verizon for T-Mobile. the customer service is far superior. Verizon could care less.

my bill for exactly the same service. dropped from $150 to $85...unlimited cell, text, internet. I have the new Samsung Galaxy S 4G. It is much nicer than that crappy Motorola product.

I use to work for Sprint in the international headquarters. their Customer Service was the worse. and the network wasn't great

Verizon has a great network but horrible phones that can't last the 2 years oft he contracts. Their Customer service sucks as well.

At&T was decent but had a few areas of weakness and like Verizon is very expensive.

Nextel was pretty inadequate

Cingular was so-so when they were around (now At&T)

With the proposed buy out T-mobile contracts will be honored by AT&T. They will be the largest carrier hands down if approved.
Never had a probelm with verizon phone not lasting and always have had great customer service. My wifes new Iphone does not drop calls like our neighbors.

Old 04-22-2011, 02:34 PM

YouTube - Verizon Test Man with iPhone

Ironically, My favorite Verizon commercial.

Turns out, the Verizon guy, Paul Marcarelli, was fired not to long ago.

I was hoping to see a Paul vs. Luke commercial war.

Old 05-06-2011, 01:02 PM

The Samsung Infuse 4G is going to be another great phone.

* 4.5 inch screen
* World's most Thinnest 4G smartphone
* AT&T's HSPA+ 21 speeds

AT&T, Samsung Launch Infuse 4G Smartphone | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

http://www.droiddog.com/wp-content/u...use-4g-ofc.jpg

Old 05-10-2011, 09:09 PM

AT&T Named Most Valuable Telecom Brand

AT&T Crowned as Most Valuable Telecom Brand | 9 Computer Store

Old 05-11-2011, 06:56 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,168,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen1110 View Post
This is a BS review. 9 Computer Store? What is this? 5 nerds in a basement on a computer that work for AT&T I bet.

Old 05-11-2011, 11:49 PM

"This is a BS review. 9 Computer Store? What is this? 5 nerds in a basement on a computer that work for AT&T I bet." - Lancet71

I doubt it

"That gives AT&T the world's seventh most valuable brand among all company types and the most valuable telecom service brand, according to the survey"

Light Reading Europe - IP & Convergence - AT&T Is Most Valuable Telecom Brand - Telecom News Analysis
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones