Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2021, 11:05 AM

3,572 posts, read 6,595,958 times

Advertisements

On my Android Facebook app (Samsung phone), since yesterday, when I sort my feed by Most Recent, it doesn't load. Just spins forever. Also, when I look at my own profile, it only loads the top. The postings never load. Instagram has similar problems.

If I access Facebook from a desktop computer, everything is fine. Of course I updated the Facebook app. Anyone else having this prob?

Also, Facebook ended their Help Community in September. It was a forum anyone could ask questions on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2021, 11:24 PM

I logged out and into fb.
Now it works when im using wifi.
It doesnt work when im using cellular.
Why would that be?? I used to use it
in either wifi all the time.
Also it wouldnt let me login in cellular.
Im sure I typed my pwd right.
It said to check my connection.
So i turned on wifi and it let me log in.

Old 11-10-2021, 11:52 AM

I went to the ATT Store and the guy said other people have reported the same problem. He suggested Reset Network Connections although he knows somebody who tried and it only helped temporarily.

I couldn't uninstall FB but I could uninstall and reinstall Instagram. Didn't help.

I also tried to use FB and Insta's websites in the Chrome browser. Didn't help. All other apps/sites are okay.

Update - I tried Reset Network Settings. Didn't help.

Right now FB only works if I'm Wifi+FB.com in the browser.

Last edited by robertpasa; 11-10-2021 at 12:08 PM..

Old 11-10-2021, 01:35 PM

6,539 posts, read 10,477,192 times
You should attempt to contact FB to resolve this. Surprised that the store rep didn't suggest that first. The store has no control of how applications work short of confirming that data is active on the account (no local issues or missing features preventing data access). Wi-Fi accessibility is beyond their control.

Old 11-12-2021, 11:48 AM

My FB and Instagram apps have gone back to normal. I just checked last night and they just went back to normal.

I did write to FB on their report a problem page. I don't know if someone there read it and fixed it. I can't understand what happened. It's possible I never will.

I had one problem this morning: when you scroll your feed, there is a bar that says "Home, Favorites, Recent." That bar totally wasn't there. Also, the area where you tap to post something was just a blank gray area. I restarted the phone and it went back to normal.

Sometimes that area disappears but I can fix it by simply closing and reopening the app.

FB and Instagram are made by the same company and they both had this problem; all other apps were okay. That implies they both use the same servers. But why was the problem only on my phone and not my computer??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones