Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2008, 06:28 PM

955 posts, read 2,157,312 times

Advertisements

What is the easiest way to get a picture from my cell phone to my laptop? Here's the deal. My new cell phone takes pictures. My laptop is less than a year old, has wireless and I have the bluetooth plug in that goes into the USB port. I click on Bluetooth on my laptop, I have my cell phone in the ready to recieve bluetooth mode, my laptop says that we have connected. Now what the heck do I do to get the pictures from my cell phone to "My Pictures" on my laptop.

Help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2008, 07:54 PM

941 posts, read 2,302,924 times
Try sending the photo via email from your phone to your laptop, it worked for me several times.

Old 07-05-2008, 10:10 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,948,893 times
Several ways to be honest.

If your phone supports blue tooth, get a blue tooth hub (basically its a little dongle wireless transceiver you plug into the USB port on your computer). It will allow you to transfer files and the like just as if your phone was hooked up as a machine on your computer network. One word of advice though, if you do this, keep in mind it is just like having a wireless access point, so you will need to make sure you take steps to properly secure your connection.

Another way is to see what type of data port your phone supports (micro-usb, mini-usb, fire wire, etc...) and buy a data link cable to plug it into your computers USB port which will again treat your phone as if it were another computer connected to your network.

Emailing as suggested is one.

Some phones have SD interfaces that support a data key card you can use to transfer back and forth and store data on it.

Some phones have the ability to pick up a wireless access point and initiate a connection with it, so that may be an option.

Lots of choices. Prices and difficulty to implement will vary.

Old 07-11-2008, 07:18 AM

339 posts, read 1,262,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpperPeninsulaRon View Post
What is the easiest way to get a picture from my cell phone to my laptop? Here's the deal. My new cell phone takes pictures. My laptop is less than a year old, has wireless and I have the bluetooth plug in that goes into the USB port. I click on Bluetooth on my laptop, I have my cell phone in the ready to recieve bluetooth mode, my laptop says that we have connected. Now what the heck do I do to get the pictures from my cell phone to "My Pictures" on my laptop.

Help.
Have a look in "My Computer" to see if the phone shows up in there. If not, then try "My Network Places"

Old 10-13-2010, 03:02 PM

1 posts, read 33,278 times
i have an LG Wine phone and a double ended cord that plugs into the computer but im not sure how to transfer pics from my phone to the comp...what do i do? plz help me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones