Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2007, 03:02 PM

63 posts, read 431,830 times

Advertisements

I am going fishing this weekend at Santee Cooper for some Catfish and can't wait! We will be there for 2 days and I was wondering if the Lake had anything else for visitors besides our actual fishing day.

eg: Swimming, kyak, canoe, waverunner rentals. Are there golf courses on site?

Any information is appreciated, specifically we are on Lake Moultrie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2007, 03:51 PM

2,356 posts, read 3,482,489 times
I love that area, I grew up near there. You can catch some large fish out there. My brother caught a 40-lb flathead catfish out at Lake Marion a few years ago. I've always spent most of my time at the north end of Lake Marion, which is a bit far from where you'll be.

If you're looking for a golf course, there are tons of them. I don't know of any especially nice ones, but golfing is cheap there, especially in the heat of summer. Search under the "Sumter area" for golf courses.
South Carolina Golf - Course Finder

The lake is pretty large, and you may not want to just canoe or kayak through the middle of it. I'm sure you could, it just doesn't sound like much fun. You'd probably want to go off into the swamp somewhere, or find a smaller cove.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area