Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2020, 06:19 PM

3 posts, read 4,134 times

Advertisements

Hey ya'll,

Possibly looking to relocate to the Charleston/Summerville area and all I'm really finding for new home options are these massive planned communities. I'm looking for a smaller planned community with pool and homes built with fiber cement in the 300K range. Am I out of luck?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2020, 06:41 AM

6,423 posts, read 1,471,830 times
You might find a smaller community with fiber cement in 300's range, but a planned community pool will only be in the massive planned communities. They are the ones with amenities and pools, the small communities do not have the land for the pools and amenities....

Old 09-30-2020, 04:44 PM

7,100 posts, read 6,034,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaGirlBorn&Raised View Post
Hey ya'll,

Possibly looking to relocate to the Charleston/Summerville area and all I'm really finding for new home options are these massive planned communities. I'm looking for a smaller planned community with pool and homes built with fiber cement in the 300K range. Am I out of luck?
Is area of town important to you?

Legend Oaks has nice amenities in Summerville.
White Gables has cement plank avail in Summerville.
I believe the Lennar's in Limehouse Village in S'ville are cement planks.
Also, Summer's Corner and The Ponds both use planks but are on the larger side of communities, but have a smaller/country like feel with a central gathering area.
Hunt Club in West Ashley is a smaller community with what you're looking for, homes are creeping over 400k though.
Also over in the Wando area is Nelliefield Plantation.

Old 09-30-2020, 05:10 PM

14,303 posts, read 14,915,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity2019 View Post
You might find a smaller community with fiber cement in 300's range, but a planned community pool will only be in the massive planned communities. They are the ones with amenities and pools, the small communities do not have the land for the pools and amenities....
There are some like Park West, which is comprised of many different communities, some of which have their own amenities and some of which have no amenities and use the Park West amenities available to all. I think Wescott is similar.

Old 10-01-2020, 03:09 PM

63 posts, read 53,602 times
I live in The Ponds in Summerville. Currently we only have about 950 homes built and are capped out at 1950 homes. Summers Corner is supposed to be like 3 or 4 times bigger from what I understand. My house has the cement plank siding and was $338K at closing. 4 bedroom/3 bath/2700 sq ft with a dedicated office downstairs and loft upstairs. The Ponds is a beautiful neighborhood with a pool, farmhouse and other amenities. I recommend giving it a look.

Old 10-01-2020, 03:43 PM

14,303 posts, read 14,915,649 times
The problem I have with large communities is trying to sell when the developer is still building. It is difficult to get a price higher than a new builder home and in a new build people get to pick more. Also often things promised never materialize.

My last two homes were new build in small developments (150 homes) and I bought near the end of development so the development was what it was.

Old 10-01-2020, 05:37 PM

3 posts, read 4,134 times
Thank you for the suggestions. I'm currently in a new smaller community (125) that is getting a community pool and was looking for something similar in the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area