Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2021, 11:49 AM

10,084 posts, read 7,760,140 times

Advertisements

I keep noticing all this land here and there being cleared in Summerville and I'm always curious what they are going to put on these large pieces of land. Is there a website I can go to to get my answers?

I know we'll never get it but I really want a Costco and a nice seafood restaurant. Cheesecake Factory would be nice also. How about a nice big dept store. Belk just doesn't do it for as much as this area has grown. People seem to really want a Trader Joe's also.

Sadly Summerville is far from the small town it used to be so they might as well go all out and build build build with new businesses that we need.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2021, 05:45 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,981,852 times
Go to the county's website and check the minutes of the meetings. You will find a lot of good information about who's applying for permits, who's requesting changes to their zoning, etc. Each of our counties records their minutes and posts them online.

For example: Meeting Portal - Berkeley County, South Carolina
This is Berkeley County's portal.

https://www.dorchestercountysc.gov/g...gendas-minutes

Dorchester Co

https://www.charlestoncounty.org/dep...ncil/index.php

Charleston County

Old 05-11-2021, 07:21 PM

10,084 posts, read 7,760,140 times
Thanks for the links. I check it out.

Old 05-12-2021, 02:16 PM

You can also research tax records to see who owns which parcels. If I'm looking for investors or developers I'll go to tax records, filter by LLC and that typically shows me who's in it for the investment side of land ownership.

Old 06-03-2021, 07:59 AM

1 posts, read 547 times
Default *

How is that best done??? Thanks!

Old 06-03-2021, 09:17 AM

You can go to the county a look at tax maps, or the best way would be to get with a real estate agent, we have CRS tax records and can manipulate them very quickly. We have a prospecting tool with CRS (through MLS) and can pull lists pretty easily. The county tax maps are not as easy to get acquainted with but you can learn to use them efficiently too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area