Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 06:59 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,013,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeksitter View Post
The OP needs to understand that Chatt has a booming economy and has been strong all along. (S)he seems to be a bottom feeder - and for that needs an economy that has bottomed out. Since she's self employed she might do someone a favor if she goes elsewhere and buys a distressed house.

The complaint may be about how Chatt doesn't live up to the hype. There may be some validity as Chatt does have a lot of hype but (s)he could be more tactful about it.
Not my words.

Old 02-22-2012, 07:29 AM

352 posts, read 883,306 times
Oops, sorry, LOL!

Old 02-25-2012, 02:07 PM

1 posts, read 1,991 times
I moved to Chattanooga, actually East Brainerd, 3 years ago in June and I really like it here...If you like to travel you are 2 hours from any major city unlike most places I have lived in this country..I do not know where you were looking at 150K homes in Chattanooga, but I am sure you were not really looking in the right spots, when I did my research here, most of your 150K homes were in the outskirts like Ooltewah,vApison,East Brainerd etc....You should get in contact with an experienced real estate agent in Hamilton County...

Old 02-25-2012, 09:48 PM

246 posts, read 754,878 times
I have to agree with the poster. Its also true of the county I live in and actually a lot of places. I have busted my hump to make our nice small farm lovely as can be, but dang it, there is a hoarder on both sides of me stacking up trash and old cars to the sky...... and talk about Beirut, don't go up my road! Here there are a few nice homes and inbetween, holy cow.....shacks falling down. I let woods grow up on my fenceline so I don't have to look.
You will find everything you want in Longboat Key or Siesta Key Florida.

Old 02-28-2012, 03:02 PM

72 posts, read 151,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 600PinMan View Post
I moved to Chattanooga, actually East Brainerd, 3 years ago in June and I really like it here...If you like to travel you are 2 hours from any major city unlike most places I have lived in this country..I do not know where you were looking at 150K homes in Chattanooga, but I am sure you were not really looking in the right spots, when I did my research here, most of your 150K homes were in the outskirts like Ooltewah,vApison,East Brainerd etc....You should get in contact with an experienced real estate agent in Hamilton County...

I lived in E.Brainerd and while that is probably the best and definitely one of the most affluent parts of town, I think Chattanooga in general is just a boring and now dangerous place to live.

Old 02-28-2012, 06:42 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,328,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotboi View Post
I think Chattanooga in general is just a boring and now dangerous place to live.
That's not a generalization or anything. No...not at all.

Old 03-01-2012, 08:51 AM

Quote:
I lived in E.Brainerd and while that is probably the best and definitely one of the most affluent parts of town, I think Chattanooga in general is just a boring and now dangerous place to live.

wow, and according to your bio, you have lived in DC, and killadelphia. AND you think Chattanooga is dangerous

Something you couldn't get from our fair city has turned you hostile. Maybe it's not the city of Chattanoogas fault

Most of the angry posts i see for this town are generally based on jobs. Seriously, they are here, and no, you don't have to know someone, and NO they don't pay like the bigger cities, but it is MUCH CHEAPER to live here so you don't have to command a Heidi Fleis (sp?) salary. FYI, this town harbors alot of millionaires who love spending there money on this town, call it a benefit to living here

Old 03-01-2012, 10:35 AM

611 posts, read 1,998,469 times
Quote:
Scratching my head on this one.

Old 03-01-2012, 01:03 PM

I don't think he really lived here, LOL. Because that comment confused me also.

Old 03-01-2012, 02:55 PM

23 posts, read 42,248 times
Default I'm also scratching me head on this one.

My daughter and I moved here from Northern Illinois in November 2011. She had a job 2 weeks after we got here. I had a job by the middle of January and have an offer pending. Boring? I think not! There is so much to do and see here I don't understand how anyone could be bored. Crime? Yes, but that's everywhere. Do I feel safe here? Yes. We took the time to investigate the area before moving here. We have no regrets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga