Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 08:38 PM

2,071 posts, read 7,680,914 times

Advertisements

new taco joint has opened on the North Shore and it's pretty hip and tasty! Had lunch there the other day with the designer who made their logo, menus and decor.

Taco Mamacita - Chattanooga, TN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2008, 10:55 PM

600 posts, read 2,260,155 times
Where is this at Tridad, I was on the North Shore the other day and didn't see this place. I'd like to try it.

Old 09-26-2008, 05:51 AM

2,071 posts, read 7,680,914 times
Its kinda hidden in a shopping plaza behind Choo Choo Tackle on Cherokee Blvd.

My office is very close and could meet for lunch during the week.

Old 09-26-2008, 11:57 AM

390 posts, read 1,701,313 times
Default So Delicious!

At at Taco Mamacita today with DH and daughter....WOW! Yum!!!

Thanks for lunch hon!

Old 09-27-2008, 01:32 AM

600 posts, read 2,260,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriDad View Post
new taco joint has opened on the North Shore and it's pretty hip and tasty! Had lunch there the other day with the designer who made their logo, menus and decor.

Taco Mamacita - Chattanooga, TN
Here's the review:
9/26/2008 - Durty Nelly’s Has Gone Mexican, Greek And Peruvian - Dining - Chattanoogan.com

Old 09-27-2008, 07:16 AM

390 posts, read 1,701,313 times
Wow! We had an awesome experience there! The reviewer seemed to have mixed feelings, but we loved it.

BTW, reviewer is right about the the soup; it is out of this world!

Old 10-30-2008, 11:11 AM

635 posts, read 1,686,363 times
Okay, sorry I took so long, avoidance issues. We whizzed past it yesterday in the car, "Taqueria y Fonda LaBonita" off Central Ave. Googled it, WCRB did a review on it.

Old 02-02-2009, 07:06 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,653,299 times
Ok, so we finally got to try Mi Jacal. I wanted to get my fa good cast iron skillet for Dutch Babies so we headed to Lodge. Great place by the way! On over to Mi Jacal after some fun shopping in downtown South Pittsburg (anyone who loves camo ya gotta go to Hammers). I didn't know we were going to go 4-wheeling though. That parking lot was crazy lol We scanned to menu and I selected the Molcajete Mi Jacal, Mom got the chili rellenos. After some great white cheese dip and chips, here comes the food. I get a plate of rice and beans, Mom gets here chilis AND rice and beans. WHAT? I wait and wait... eat half my rice and beans I am so hungry. The rellenos were not the greatest so I wasn't too excited about my order. Here comes the waitress with my order. MAN OH MAN! I get this bowl/pot thing that looks like a huge piece of charcoal with a hollowed out middle. Still sizzling. Pieces of steak, chicken, whole green onion with the bulb, and cactus laid over the sides of this molten piece of charcoal. In the center is some kinda tomato sauce, cheese and chorizo. It was SO good I was eating with my fingers. Never had I licked my fingers like this outside of a barbeque joint! I probably embarassed myself but this stuff was amazing. We'll definitely be back.
Thanks Grizz!

Old 02-05-2009, 08:15 AM

52 posts, read 182,187 times
Two places I've been told to try...

Taco Mac it's on Market Street

Mojo Burrito I'm not 100% on the location as I've not been yet...

If anyone has been to either do tell how you liked or disliked. Taco Mac I've been told is Tex/Mex and has the best wings!...I'm gonna try both eventually :P

Old 02-05-2009, 08:48 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,653,299 times
I have been to both the St Elmo and Red Bank Mojos. Both are great. Talk about a big ol' honkin' burrito! The selections are good and the staff friendly. I like the St Elmo site better but only because the inside is so funky I usually get the Elmo burrito with a spinach wrap. I haven't tried their other things as I'm hooked on the burrito!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga