Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2017, 02:14 PM

1 posts, read 816 times

Advertisements

Hello Ladies and Gents,

I am looking to relocate from the frigid tundra of Wisconsin to something a little more mild. I would be relocating with my mom who is retired. I recently found out (last Thursday to be exact) that the company I work for will be closing after 10 years with them. I have worked for the past 20 years as a debt collector. I currently work in the skilled nursing home industry as a collection analyst/Team Lead. I have also had 3 back surgeries since the age of 21 (you would never know it because I had the best surgeon ). It's just that the cold really takes a toll on the back.

Anyways I have never relocated in my life. Born and raised in Milwaukee but it's time for a change. I do own a Rottweiler so I don't know if there is any breed restrictions? I have been researching the Whitwell, TN area. It seems that the cost of housing in this area would be more reasonable for me. Can you tell me do you have any floodings, hurricanes, tornado's, ice storms, snow storms?

Also what is the job market like? I realize that Whitwell, TN to Chattanooga would be roughly over a half hour drive and I am ok with that. I am tired of the city life and just want a little more space. Don't want to reach out and touch my neighbor if you know what I mean . Plus I would like to have a yard for my dog to play in. Anyways any insight would be greatly appreciated. I plan to talk with a Realtor because my time is running short here at my current job. They have given us 2-6 months and I would like to be out of Wisconsin by October.

Thank you in advance for your responses.

Michele
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2017, 12:52 PM

1,253 posts, read 4,880,360 times
Smile Town Website.

.. C.H. : WELCOME , Maybe you already read the town website, but here are some pics, phone #'s and
places around that county town... The Official City of Whitwell Website | A Great American Town
We were there last month for a motorcycle woods event & weekend ride ..Maybe not your cup of tea , but called Trials Training center,,, family hobby for dirt cycles.. Pretty country & YES, should be quite affordable.
Only some tornadoes should be weather concern.. many trees there in the gorge / plateau hillside.
Close access to interstate I-24 , but that road does get crowded with semi truck rigs.
There is quite a bit of medical in the city.... Blue Cross & Blue Shield has their big HQ in the city of Chattanooga.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga