Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 02:20 PM

2,349 posts, read 10,653,981 times

Advertisements

I just reread my post... Can I say "free" just one more time?

"FREE!"

Geesh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2008, 03:13 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,317,005 times
Hey FREE is the best word around, use it as much as you want, I don't mind.

Thanks for the great info! I have been looking into the "packages" offered by some of the hotels offer. Some are looking pretty good. Has anyone here who visited ever used them?
As the boys are now 17 and 13, some things I can get them interested in, some not so much hahhahhahaha.
As of right now, we are looking to do: Aquarium and IMAX. Ruby falls and Rock City. We would also like to do a boat ride of some sort, seen a few that look good, haven't picked yet. We were also thinking of the possibility of renting a cabin verses a hotel, not sure yet though.
Yes! Would love to meet up with you Mr and Mrs. Tridad, Split and jkmewrite and others again. Maybe we can plan for a meet up at a local ice cream shop or something one evening while we are there? Still not positive on the dates but looking like mid July.

Old 06-05-2008, 04:11 PM

2,349 posts, read 10,653,981 times
I saw some cute stuff on VRBO too for Chattanooga. Some cabins pretty close by...

We'd love to meet up! Look at me, speaking for all of us lol

Old 06-06-2008, 01:14 AM

4 posts, read 16,886 times
I would suggest somewhere around Hamilton Place Mall like the Hilton. I believe they do rooms around $90-ish. That will have you right by the mall, and also 15 mins from downtown Chattanooga.

Old 06-06-2008, 07:33 AM

2,071 posts, read 7,681,562 times
i would rather stay downtown so you can walk everywhere (morning, noon & night)

and if you get an itch to head to the mall (but who wants to waste time there when there is so much cool stuff to see & do).....it's only 15 minutes away

Old 06-06-2008, 07:47 AM

7,280 posts, read 21,317,005 times
Well, so far I am looking at a few packages and one is room and attraction tickets and the hotel offered with the package is the Holiday Inn Chat Choo Choo. That looks like a FUN place.
I agree, not looking to shop at the mall, but do all the out door stuff and swim in the pool.
I saw it on line and the price looks to good to be true.
I am going to call the web site (operators of) and the hotel toady and see what is what.

Old 06-07-2008, 06:55 PM

2,071 posts, read 7,681,562 times
free electric shuttle bus runs from the Choo Choo to every downtown attraction you'll want to see so you can park the car and see most everything without having to drive

Old 06-07-2008, 08:15 PM

15,205 posts, read 12,069,330 times
Mouse, even though it's been 40 years since I've been there, I want to go back there in the near future----->Tennessee Vacation - The Lost Sea

Old 06-07-2008, 09:05 PM

192 posts, read 857,800 times
While I have not been online much lately, just wanted to say hi to the Chatt group. We also plan to be up in July this year so maybe we will get to meet some of you if we can all work out something.
Split, did you have to haul the kayak or the fish home on the bike? Or did I miss something .
Are there lots of berries this year?
A friend sent me pics of our place last week, I know what I will be doing when we get up there, WEEDING! The rain has brought out the worst in my little flower gardens. Dates not certain yet either but 10-20th seems likely. Have missed reading everyone's posts, have been WAY too busy. Wish we could come now.

Old 06-07-2008, 09:11 PM

53 posts, read 187,195 times
Our grand- daughter should visit us this summer & also doing the Aquarium, a few of our neighbors work /; volunteer there.
. My have the 3rd boat in the water by then , also 2 kayaks, so if gang wants the woods around me, more than welcome for our Cumberland Trail hiking gorges, etc, private off path stuff. Was checking on my berry stash today.
. PS . Fishing was good tonight, but dont tell anyone. If you can bring a ATV 4- Wheeler ALL the kids will have a blast .!
...[/quote]
I love the photo, sounds like so much fun, where is this taken at? Good news, we move up in two weeks, rented a house in E. Brainard today off Jenkins and Standifer Gap. Can't wait to play!!! I'll be looking for some of the best places to hike, teach my son to fish, and enjoy nature. Any suggestions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga