Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 09:37 AM

19 posts, read 33,950 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have anymore updates?

Old 05-19-2015, 06:28 PM

4 posts, read 8,041 times
We also closed yesterday on our home...will be moving in next week. As some of you have chimed in, yes it does seem as though the realtor will steer you toward a higher priced home as I think their commission is based on the sale price. I had a long and hard conversation with them about the rent because the rental calculator stated my rent should be 1900 a month based on purchase price of the home but they were still charging 2200 due to the list price on the site. They still have been unable to make me overstand that statement. They bought the house $30k less than was listed but the rent is the same...Go figure.

Old 05-19-2015, 07:56 PM

Congrats on your new home, that was fast! I'm concerned that if the price on their calculator isn't accurate, how will you really know what your going to pay. I have to find a realtor asap to help me that has experience with this program.

Old 05-19-2015, 08:31 PM

16 posts, read 24,685 times
Hey there,
So we are also in the process of obtaining a home through home partners. We were approved for a max rent amount of $4520, but would like to stay below that. I spoke to someone from home partners today and was told to keep in mind that the max rent is for all years of the contract. So for example, in year five the max rent for us can't exceed $4520. We would like to purchase the home in year two. We are relocating which makes things a little more complicated. I am heading to Orlando where we are moving on June 8th. I will have one week to hopefully find a home, and have a deal with home partners. The area we are most interested in has very little inventory and homes definitely increase in value greater than 5% per year. So the $550,000 home today will be worth much more in two years. I will keep everyone posted on our progress

Old 05-20-2015, 07:40 AM

815 posts, read 708,641 times
Daymoan,
Yeah, the fact that they calculate the rent based on list price and not the purchase price is the only thing so far that I've found to be unfair about this program. Congrats on closing on the home though!

Harbin, sounds like this program is perfect for you! And wow, in ATL 4520 a month could get you a mansion. Happy house hunting!

Old 05-20-2015, 11:00 PM

4 posts, read 8,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDreaming01 View Post
Daymoan,
Yeah, the fact that they calculate the rent based on list price and not the purchase price is the only thing so far that I've found to be unfair about this program. Congrats on closing on the home though!

Harbin, sounds like this program is perfect for you! And wow, in ATL 4520 a month could get you a mansion. Happy house hunting!
I know right. Its as if the seller of the property dictates the rental price. Not the company that negotiated and bought the property.

Old 05-21-2015, 08:06 AM

28 posts, read 96,655 times
This thread looks like a Hyperion employee hangout now!

Old 05-21-2015, 08:40 AM

Funny! I don't work with Hyperion nor have ever heard of the program before. Why do people assume that if you post something about a company, you automatically work for the company? Im definitely not associated with this company and I am not on their payroll.

Old 05-27-2015, 10:14 AM

8 posts, read 12,683 times
We just moved into our home by partnering with Home Partners. As with any company, they have some absoutely amazing employees who are incredibly sincere about helping you achieve your goals; on the flip side, they have some coaching oportunities with other employees. I have had some good and bad experiences in dealing with the company. I personally do not feel that the transparancy is at the level that I am comfortable with, but I am not very trusting when it comes to my monies and the future of my family home. We are trying to work through some concerning issues currently. I will post my opinions on the entire 4 month experience as soon as I get the response from them regarding our move in issues.

Old 05-27-2015, 12:29 PM

815 posts, read 708,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoLiki View Post
This thread looks like a Hyperion employee hangout now!
LOL. I think there are probably a few Hyperion employees on here, but I think that is a good thing. If they are reading the responses on here then maybe they will address the main concerns that people are having.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs