Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 01:49 PM

774 posts, read 2,496,500 times

Advertisements

Forgot to mention - there is a Park-and-Ride lot at 95th Street and Route 59 where you park and then take a bus to the Route 59 station. I haven't used it, but it's an alternative (particularly since you would be driving from Plainfield). To my knowledge, there aren't any parking issues there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2008, 03:55 PM

5,987 posts, read 11,674,449 times
You might want to think about how long your drive on 59 will be. With widening getting ready to start you might spend an extra 30 min driving to Naperville.

Old 08-07-2008, 04:44 PM

1,016 posts, read 4,542,626 times
Thanks for your help. I currently am a stay at home mom to a 2-year-old, and this job opportunity just kind of fell into my lap. The pay is really good for only 2 days a week, and I figure it gives me the opportunity to stay current in my career and make some money (since I most likely will eventually want to go back to work full time). But I'm worried about the commute and am trying to decide if it will be worth it between paying for child care and dealing with the long commute. (Even though its only 2 days a week.) Again, thanks for your help!

Old 08-08-2008, 09:40 PM

63 posts, read 254,612 times
From Caton Farm and 59 it's definitely all of 30 minutes to the Naperville train station on 59. Maybe more in the rush hour. If you live west you can try and go the back way to avoid going through Plainfield, but again it's hard to avoid all the lights and traffic. With parking etc. I'd count on 40 minutes before your train leaves (at least)

Old 10-08-2008, 07:23 PM

1 posts, read 5,783 times
Probably you already move, but if you need to catch the express that leaves at 7.15 you need to be there like 5 minutes before and you will find a nice spot!

Old 07-22-2009, 02:39 PM

1 posts, read 8,186 times
Hi,I need to commute for one year from chicago to naperville. I probably need to find an overnight parking near rt 59 station so in the morning I can easily get to my car and drive and in the evening I can leave my car there after 9.00 pm. Any suggestions? will greatly appreciate reply.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:04 AM

189 posts, read 522,451 times
I may be mistaken, as I'm new to the area and just started using the Rt59 Metra stop, but I think the parking passes there are for up to 24 hours... so theoretically you could leave your car there overnight and "reverse" commute compared to everyone else.

Weekends would obviously present a problem, meaning Mondays and Fridays will be a little screwy. But you'd be commuting the opposite direction of the heaviest congestion, and probably at off-peak times anyway.

Definitely need to double-check the policy on overnight parking though.... I have to imagine they'd have some restrictions, especially once the snow starts flying.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:26 AM

5,987 posts, read 11,674,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbd78 View Post
I'm considering taking a part-time job, 2 days a week downtown. I'm trying to weigh my options and see if it will be worth it. I live in the Plainfield/Joliet area (Rt. 59 and Caton Farm Rd. area) so I'm not real close to any Metra stops. I map quested it, and I'm an equal distance from the Joliet Metra stop and the Rt. 59 Naperville/Aurora stop. I would rather take the train from Naperville/Aurora since the train ride is only about 45 minutes as opposed to 1 hour 15 from Joliet. But from what I understand, parking is a problem at the Rt. 59 stop. Does anyone know what time the parking lot in the Rt. 59 Naperville/Aurora stop fills up? Thanks for your help!
You might want to check out the park and ride on Orchard Rd in Oswego. Using back roads, you could be there from Caton Farm and 59 in about 20 min. There is a shuttle from there to the Aurora Metra station. You might not save any time but the traffic would be much easier to deal with and I don't think there is a parking problem.

Old 11-17-2009, 03:19 PM

3 posts, read 11,998 times
The wait is 5-6 years.

It is $2 per day to park in the daily parking lot.

I take the 717 train and i park at 710 with no problem.

Old 01-14-2010, 07:46 AM

2 posts, read 23,891 times
I'm looking for someone to share a commute to the 59 station. I need to be at work on Goose Island at ~8AM and leave at ~5pm... meaning I'd need to be on a train at 59 at 7-7:10am and would leave Union at 5:20-5:30.
I live a ~ 1 mile SW of the 59 station in the Yorkshire Square community, which is between Frontenac/New York & Commerce/Liberty. Very close to the train, but the time I need to be at the train doesn't always coincide with the time my spouse needs to drive to their office in Montgomery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs