Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2022, 06:58 AM

2,568 posts, read 2,518,088 times

Advertisements

As answered in the Travel Thread....

MDW is my home airport and it's smallish. Three hours is more than enough time to connect, even in some of the worst conditions. Often you'll routinely see 30 minute connections! Here is a interactive map link to show your options, gates, restaurants, shops, etc, while there.

https://www.flychicago.com/midway/ma...s/default.aspx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2022, 09:00 AM

1,226 posts, read 1,280,580 times
Yep, on Southwest, there might be a PHX/DEN/SDF option if you want to avoid Midway. If anything, your connection time is too long.

Old 04-23-2022, 10:36 AM

16,417 posts, read 12,499,246 times
Three hours is more than enough time for any domestic connection at any airport.

Old 04-23-2022, 11:02 AM

3,262 posts, read 4,999,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Three hours is more than enough time for any domestic connection at any airport.
Someone probably knows of an airport where three hours wasn't enough on one occasion, but for the most part, the above is true. In my experience with MDW, three hours is more than enough.

Old 04-23-2022, 12:26 PM

409 posts, read 872,114 times
Sorry, I made a typo in the initial post. The flight where I have the connecting flight is from Louisville to Phoenix . The return flight is actually a direct flight. I don't think that will make a difference, but I wanted to completely correct in asking my question.

Old 04-23-2022, 12:29 PM

Sorry, I made a typo in the initial post. The flight where I have the connecting flight is from Louisville to Phoenix . The return flight is actually a direct flight. I don't think that will make a difference, but I wanted to completely correct in asking my question.

I would also ask if I need to be worried about my luggage being separated from me at Midway and sent to another destination. I know it happens, it's one of the reasons I try to get direct flights, but I was wondering if I should be worried more than normal using Southwest through Midway and pack accordingly in my carry on.

Old 04-23-2022, 12:31 PM

I would also ask if I need to be worried about my luggage being separated from me at Midway and sent to another destination. I know it happens, it's one of the reasons I try to get direct flights, but I was wondering if I should be worried more than normal using Southwest through Midway and pack accordingly in my carry on.

Old 04-23-2022, 12:41 PM

Makes no difference.

Old 04-23-2022, 12:42 PM

No difference.

Old 04-23-2022, 01:02 PM

16,417 posts, read 12,499,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxmagex View Post

More than normal? No. If anything, Southwest is better at handling luggage than the other airlines. They have a larger volume of checked luggage because they don't charge, and in my experience they always do just fine. The only time I've run into issues is when a first flight is delayed and misses the connection, but with a three hour layover, that's less likely to be an issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago