Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2023, 09:39 AM

4,630 posts, read 3,250,689 times

Advertisements

Treeman1, ahhhhhh, I was NOT informed of "criminal-like" operations of kids selling candy!!!!

The first time I saw the immigrant children/mothers selling candy was a few months ago in Lincoln Square.

I speak Spanish, but it appeared there was NO use of English. And as I indicated, the one little girl didn't even have math skills. It all seemed like a VERY bad and potentially dangerous situation.

You heard about the recent Tamal-vendor robberies taking place. These kids and women are, unfortunately, prime targets, I'm afraid.

That said, I did give that little girl a $5.00 tip, and I HOPE she was able to use it to help her, and her own family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2023, 11:58 AM

7,096 posts, read 4,526,537 times
Master Jay, it’s really heartbreaking to see people on the streets especially as winter comes in the Midwest. Reno’s homeless is growing as rents have skyrocketed. One man lost both his legs last winter because of it. I haven’t been home for 5 years so didn’t realize that the Midwest was now having people being homeless.

Old 10-24-2023, 12:04 PM

Teacher Terry, good afternoon to you.

I must admit, areas are looking more bleak. I always try to be positive. But the tents and garbage cans and port-a-pottys in front of the police stations, combined with young kids and babies walking the streets to sell snacks is concerning.

Unfortunately I've been hearing about more and more coming in on buses. WHERE can they all go, especially in the harsh cold to come???

Old 10-24-2023, 01:13 PM

118 posts, read 84,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
Treeman1, I DO have a question:

Do you have any idea WHO is providing these recent immigrants the boxes of candy and gum??????
Sadly, there's a lot of rampant shoplifting & looting in the cities these days & it goes unpunished. The real question is how much longer can these places getting robbed remain in business? I guess you're a trooper for putting up with all that nonsense going on in the city.

Old 10-24-2023, 01:15 PM

85 posts, read 113,564 times
They, the adults, should be given work permits ASAP regardless of status and legality to work, and the city should begin facilitating their employment with understaffed companies and stores. Every restaurant and retailer and hotel complaining about "no one wants to work" now has their workforce. Once the migrants begin earning a certain amount of money, their wages should be garnished for the non-donated benefits they've been and will be receiving for the forseeable future. We'll help, but no more fully free rides.

During the winter the migrants should be living within the many empty schools throughout the city. If the buildings aren't falling on their heads, then they should be given access with tents, generators, heating lamps, bathroom faciltiies, some food and water supplies, and security. They also need to be organized and self-police until they can afford to leave.

If the migrants can't find work within x months and afford some kind of autonomy, then they need to be kicked out of the schools, leave Chicago if they'd like, or remain homeless. But the subsidies must stop there. And no more living in airports or police stations. That too ends come warmer months, and if they refuse, imprison them for trespassing and begin looking into foster care options for the children.

Finally, all bus drivers driving these people from Texas to Chicago should be arrested for trafficking.

Old 10-24-2023, 01:17 PM

Kraftask, good afternoon.

Ahhhh, yes, I shall continue to be a trooper.... ONWARD, CHRISTIAN SOLDIERS!

I do feel bad for what I saw...

But I do balance it with a lot of the beauty I saw, and YES I AM talking about the sea of beautiful women that are either residing or visiting Chicago!

It only adds to why I love coming down to Chicago on a weekly basis!

Old 10-24-2023, 01:39 PM

118 posts, read 84,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
Kraftask, good afternoon.

Ahhhh, yes, I shall continue to be a trooper.... ONWARD, CHRISTIAN SOLDIERS!

I do feel bad for what I saw...

But I do balance it with a lot of the beauty I saw, and YES I AM talking about the sea of beautiful women that are either residing or visiting Chicago!

It only adds to why I love coming down to Chicago on a weekly basis!
Lol yea but a lot of drama comes with those foxes. Back in 2009 i had a Puerto Rican beauty but she turned out to be the worst gf ever. I think you're the only guy i've met that goes to the city for leisure, instead of escaping the city for leisure. But i guess if you wanna look at the positives of all this immigration from Central America to the cities, they might be the ones that help revive Christians & bring a lot of good back. Only time will tell.

Old 10-24-2023, 03:10 PM

4,948 posts, read 3,051,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeman1 View Post
They, the adults, should be given work permits ASAP regardless of status and legality to work, and the city should begin facilitating their employment with understaffed companies and stores. Every restaurant and retailer and hotel complaining about "no one wants to work" now has their workforce. Once the migrants begin earning a certain amount of money, their wages should be garnished for the non-donated benefits they've been and will be receiving for the forseeable future. We'll help, but no more fully free rides.

During the winter the migrants should be living within the many empty schools throughout the city. If the buildings aren't falling on their heads, then they should be given access with tents, generators, heating lamps, bathroom faciltiies, some food and water supplies, and security. They also need to be organized and self-police until they can afford to leave.

If the migrants can't find work within x months and afford some kind of autonomy, then they need to be kicked out of the schools, leave Chicago if they'd like, or remain homeless. But the subsidies must stop there. And no more living in airports or police stations. That too ends come warmer months, and if they refuse, imprison them for trespassing and begin looking into foster care options for the children.

Finally, all bus drivers driving these people from Texas to Chicago should be arrested for trafficking.

This makes way too much sense for any Chicago politician to consider.
They'll put up heated tents, an ice storm will make them collapse; and then they'll "figure it out".

Old 10-25-2023, 08:48 AM

85 posts, read 113,564 times
It really shouldn't be that hard. These people aren't like many of the locals, they actually want to work and contribute. The city needs to make that possible. If Abbott can openly disregard federal and local laws to harm them, Pritzker and Johnson can do the same to help them and us.

Old 10-25-2023, 09:15 AM

62 posts, read 19,569 times
Not sure why act so naive as to why Venezuelans sold belongings and went thru Central American and Mexico to get to the US. A terrible economy over years now of hyper-inflation still at over 300% no jobs basically all that could go wrong with an economy. You just have to Google it.

Also it should be simple thinking and reasoning as to why Chicago is the Texas Gov. bus migrant central target and NYC.... NY is a solid blue state, NYC is a sanctuary city, NY state and city are ones going after a key leader of the Right.

For Chicago it is obvious also with even another level. IL again solid blue state and Chicago a sanctuary city, but with another KEY reason the Texas Gov and GOP is targeting it over other sanctuary cities. CHICAGO WILL HOUSE THE DEM CONVENTION NEXT YEAR. They also want to cause as many problems as possible for Political and Ideological reasons to prove points that the border is an open door that needs closure by all means.

Milwaukee is a sanctuary city also.. did it receive even one bus from the Texas Gov making it so? I doubt it and why not can we guess? Milwaukee will host the GOP Convention next year and it has no reason to disrupt that city. Seems logical.

Homeless are interviewed in park by Montrose Harbor to a homeless guy outside is also interviewed and gives how the migrants have more rights and privileges than him as he cannot stay in the police station as they can or the sidewalk. At most they will allow one night and out by morning for him.

Migrants inside and outside of Police stations are interviewed multiple times also most from Venezuela and many get a city ID just cannot be used as a work permit. Claims of some who have carpentry skills at some locations might get picked up to work... get paid in cash by contractors etc also.

There is a trip to where a 7/11 on the near south side had a youth flash mob attack recently and that is discussed along with the owner of the 7 11. On to even the Northwest side to the SuperDawg and to talk to the 41st ward Alderman there on city issue, police issues, how they have less police as they retire in his not replaced, but those in the wards of higher crime get more police. Still with other areas as Florida actually recruits police giving them incentives. It takes a toll on filling the jobs.

Both the Retired Policeman and Alderman answer great questions and honest answers of what is going on and their personal views.

The last section is the 41st ward Alderman interview and SuperDawg.

Also great that conservatives who only say do Fox news and very anti-Chicago and blue states and cities especially sanctuary ones. Those who see it clearly see Chicago is not one all trashed and lost h*ell h*ole of a city fully engulfed and over-ridden with crime.

An hour and half video.... still great if you take the time. Very informative posted 3 days ago and already over 1-mil views. The video has Chicago looking great and oh so very green and clean.
Extremely informative with answers to questions posted here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWdsK3toLjM&t=3980s
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago