Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 02:26 AM

309 posts, read 760,073 times

Advertisements

What is your favorite movie that was filmed in Cincinnati?

My favorite would have to be the 1993 movie "Airborne". Jack Black was in that movie. I also loved "Rain Man" which was partially filmed in Cincinnati.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2013, 06:07 AM

2,628 posts, read 4,299,963 times
I liked 'Traffic'. At the time that movie was being filmed, my friend and I had a small landscaping business and we did quite a bit of work on Edwards near one of the filming locations.

Old 06-28-2013, 07:26 AM

4,485 posts, read 6,237,297 times
In Too Deep, with Omar Epps and LL Cool J.

Old 06-28-2013, 07:39 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Just one?

I got to see parts of Traffic and City of Hope being filmed. Airborne does have some very cool location shots. Fresh Horses is a horrible movie, but it has some really nice shots of the city (and one of my friends is an extra in it).

Oh, yeah, and Harper Valley PTA's Lebanon locations are way cool; on the 10th anniversary of its release, the Colony Theater had a Harper Valley PTA festival; about 10 people showed up, including me and four of my friends. *sigh* People just don't know how to have fun! LOL

But as Cincinnati-filmed movies go, my favorite is Eight Men Out. No contest. It's a fabulous movie, on so many levels.

Old 06-29-2013, 04:24 PM

1,248 posts, read 3,509,981 times
Rain Man is probably the most famous.

Anyone seen Ides of March? Pretty good, tons of location filming around Cincinnati (Lunken Airport, shots of Downtown and I think OTR).

Old 06-29-2013, 05:51 PM

294 posts, read 515,969 times
The only one I have seen is "Rainman", which is gripping from the opening montage and remains compelling from the shots to the dialogue to the music.

Old 06-30-2013, 07:06 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,806,233 times
I liked Harper Valley PTA due to its Lebanon locations.
However Rain Man has to be my favorite, even if only partially filmed in Cincinnati. I just plain liked the movie.

Old 06-30-2013, 02:58 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,835,891 times
Much of Ides of March was filmed in Northside.
A lot of the footage in A Rage in Harlem was captured on Dayton St and surrounding streets in the West End. Scenes from quite a few movies set in NYC are said to have actually been lensed in the Queen City. This despite the row houses of New York (more popularly termed "brownstones") looking nothing like those in Cincinnati. If the script calls for a block of them, the directors couldn't care less. It's all about the budget. For this same reason many stories that take place somewhere in the US wind up making it to film by way of Canada.
Everybody loves Rain Man, but Traffic is my favorite out of the ones that brought Hollywood to the banks of the Ohio. I think it's funny (and telling in a way) that the rich family's house in Indian Hill ended up on film being one in East Walnut Hills. But there was NO mistaking Over-the-Rhine. I was the theater patron you saw craning forward to make out business names and street signs. (LOL)

Old 06-30-2013, 05:53 PM

7,072 posts, read 9,621,687 times
Fresh Horses and Wild Hogs

Old 06-30-2013, 06:19 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,806,233 times
I mentioned in another thread viewing some filming of Some Came Running in Madison Ind. in 1957. It starred Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, and Shirley MacLaine. It was a first class Hollywood production and virtually took over Madison for the time they were there. I stumbled upon it having gone to the French Lick Jazz Festival at the French LIck Sheraton Hotel in of course French Lick Indiana.

The jazz festival was held outdoors on the grounds of the hotel. Met a lot of college kids from everywhere in this part of the country, easily a radius of 300 miles. Figured it would be the closest I would get to the Newport Jazz Festival.

When we drove into Madison on Sunday it was obvious it was just another work day to the film crew. At the cost per day of a full on location staff, Sunday is just another working day. I was amazed at the equipment and people they had on the streets of Madison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati