Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 06:07 PM

41,965 posts, read 75,217,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briolat21 View Post
Consumers tastes are fickle.
And the retail industry encourages them to be so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2013, 06:27 PM

1,716 posts, read 3,584,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
When we want to discuss dying sprawling retal malls, it is not just limited to the suburbs. Just look at Tower Place Mall. What is the main reason? Then I look at the planned replacement and the only thing I see is upscale gentrification. Give it a few years, it will collapse upon itself.
What's the planned replacement? I thought they were turning it into a parking garage.

Old 10-13-2013, 06:35 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,806,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Luxury View Post
What's the planned replacement? I thought they were turning it into a parking garage.
There is a whole new multi-story residential building next door with a retail bottom level. That is the replacement.

Old 10-13-2013, 06:37 PM

73 posts, read 72,338 times
Default Tri County Mall

I heard something about Neil Bush and a few others buying tri-county mall just recently. They want to bring some new stores in. Also talking about getting Trader Joes there. I think that would be great! I dont like Dillards that much anyway. Don't want it in west chester rather have Macys.

Old 10-13-2013, 06:54 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,806,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paz57 View Post
I heard something about Neil Bush and a few others buying tri-county mall just recently. They want to bring some new stores in. Also talking about getting Trader Joes there. I think that would be great! I dont like Dillards that much anyway. Don't want it in west chester rather have Macys.
And what distinguishes Neil Bush other than being the son of a wealthy former president? Sounds to me like the proposals to resurrect the former Forest Fair Mall, all of which have failed. Trader Joes cannot replace a fraction of the closed store space in Tri-County. If that is their best idea, they might as well quit before they begin. And if Sears decides to vacate once their current lease is up, good bye Tri-County. Whether you like Dillards or not, they will be successful in the new Liberty Center. With the departure of JCP and now Dillards, if Sears exits goodbye Tri-County. Neil Bush and noone else will resurrect it unless they just like throwing their money down a sewer.

Old 10-13-2013, 08:30 PM

254 posts, read 983,414 times
I think it's really sad that a city of this size will only have one mall. Tricounty has been declining for years.

Old 10-14-2013, 04:25 AM

3,763 posts, read 12,552,312 times
Cincy's not a huge city, so I don't think only one or two malls close in to the city is particularly surprising.

If you're talking Cincy proper -- is Kenwood in Cinci? I thought it was in Montgomery, but I'll admit the edges of the city boundaries out are still fuzzy to me.

Similarly I thought tri-county would count as glendale or Sharonville, or that..

If you're talking Cincy metro .. there are a large # of malls I think (Eastgate? Bridgewater, outlets at monroe, kenwood, tricounty, forest fair (though I realize its dead), Middletown (being redeveloped supposedly), Levee, and Florence..

Its not unsual for malls to end up being pushed to surburban areas - where land is cheaper. If the city is thriving, land is too expensive in the heart of the city to waste it on something like a mall.

Old 10-14-2013, 01:14 PM

1,046 posts, read 1,536,644 times
OK, time to put 2 and 2 together.

Having never been to tri-county before, I met someone there to purchase lawn equipment from a craigslist ad. The gentleman stated that he didn't need it because he had been shot in the leg. "Hunting accident?" I asked. "No", he replied. "Some kids tried to rob me here in tri-county."

So let's see. Elderly are getting robbed in tri-county and Dillard's is leaving. So far that's all I know about tri- county.

They say first impressions are the best impressions. For me, it's really the only impression that I need. Not interested in finding out more about the place or knowing what the facts are.

**Waits for the "oh, well it's really not that bad", "check the crime stats", "This happens everywhere." type comments.**

Old 10-14-2013, 06:24 PM

1,716 posts, read 3,584,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmodder View Post
OK, time to put 2 and 2 together.

Having never been to tri-county before, I met someone there to purchase lawn equipment from a craigslist ad. The gentleman stated that he didn't need it because he had been shot in the leg. "Hunting accident?" I asked. "No", he replied. "Some kids tried to rob me here in tri-county."

So let's see. Elderly are getting robbed in tri-county and Dillard's is leaving. So far that's all I know about tri- county.

They say first impressions are the best impressions. For me, it's really the only impression that I need. Not interested in finding out more about the place or knowing what the facts are.

**Waits for the "oh, well it's really not that bad", "check the crime stats", "This happens everywhere." type comments.**
Well, it isn't that bad and you can be robbed almost anywhere. I've always felt very safe when I was over there.

Old 10-14-2013, 08:36 PM

17,587 posts, read 13,362,412 times
I had to go to Time Warner, it was like walking through a war zone
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati