Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2010, 10:43 PM

3 posts, read 3,088 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Good Day! I've been surfing a lot of the threads on this forum, however have not been able to find the information I had in mind. Can someone please guide me. I came across some threads indicating to include some information about myself so that you may assist me better. So here you go...

-I will be working at Hospital in Cincinati and also be going to Thomas Moore College.
-I would like to rent 1 bedroom appartment to start with
-would like to be between 15-20 minutes of drive
-no kids, young female doctor relocating from montreal(originally) and chicago(currently)??
-What type of neighborhood environment you are looking for: small town feeling? small city excitement? suburbia delight? Umm, I'm looking for something contemporary/modern/spacious, but within proximity to cafes/restaurants/shops/book stores clean, friendly, peaceful and pretty, ideally looking over towards cincinati by on the river. Or near the river.
-Community amenities important to you: Ummm, i'm not sure about these
-Pie or cake? Both; chocolate and ice cream
-I love seeing families and individuals out and being involved in summer or winter fun.
-also, i'm muslim, born, raised and schooled in canada. So being minority would like to become part of the community and make it home.

If anyone can please guide me a little, I would totally appreciate it.
Hope to hear really soon.

Oh also, what areas would you suggest to live in?
and What is the difference between living in Cincinnati as oppose to Covington? or Northern kentuky? Does NK get short end of the stick and be prevented from developing? Do NK folks feel part of the cincinnati community? or is there a dislike and dividie between the two areas?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2010, 03:14 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,490,762 times
I apologize in advance for this question, but why Thomas More College? It has no degree program in medicine, and no advanced degrees other than MBA, and is a Catholic institution. Cincinnati has a better schools in all areas. What would a young single Muslim female medical doctor seek at Thomas More?

PS, tell us which hospital you will be working at, whether you are working clinic hours or surgical hours and we can give you some apartment recommendations.

Old 03-28-2010, 10:33 AM

2,204 posts, read 6,721,993 times
^ lol

Old 03-28-2010, 12:15 PM

3 posts, read 3,088 times
Dear wilson1010

I appologise in advance for my answer, but why not Thomas Moore College!! It is an institute of educatation that features programs, courses and employment in more than some of the few that I have listed for you below. 21 of which interest me in particular, even if I was learning to expand my fund of knowledge or to teach it.

Accountancy, Art, Biology, Business, Administration, Chemistry, Communication, Computer Information Systems, Criminal Justice, Economics, Education, English, Environmental Science, Exercise Science, Foreign Languages, Forensic Science, Gerontology, History, Humanities, International Studies, Mathematics, Medical Technology, Music, Nursing, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science, Pre-Engineering, Pre-Legal Studies, Pre-Med, Pre-Veterinary, Psychology, Sociology, Sports & Entertainment, Marketing, Theatre, Theology, Web Design.

Your reply made me laugh out loud as well. lol. But hopefully I was able to help you or guide you somewhat regarding Thomas more college being more that what you see it to be. Also, so what if it has catholic influence or ties as you suggest. I mean, if my having anything to do with Thomas Moore college didn't raise my eyebrow, then why does it raise yours my dear? Should I not attend or teach or work at that form of academic institution? Please clarify!! Also, if you can actually help me with the questions regarding living, it would mean a lot. Thanks again. Regards!

Old 03-28-2010, 12:31 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,490,762 times
I would bet that you will be the first practicing medical doctor to ever take a course at Thomas More other than self help or non-degree hobby courses like photography or foreign language. And, you didn't mention "teaching" in your original post. And, you didn't really answer my question, but then, of course, you didn't have to. I conclude from your post that English is not your first language, and with only a couple of thousand students at TM, mostly white, Catholic, midwesterners, you may find diversity in short supply. I think that is a legitimate observation.

And, finally, since you didn't say which hospital you would be working at, or whether you would be on a clinical schedule, no one could give you any valuable information as to where you should look for apartments, as much as we would be happy to help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati