Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2011, 12:23 PM

13,728 posts, read 15,780,745 times

Advertisements

Multi-Modal Transportation projects have been planned around the country to anchor downtown redevelopment and help spur economic development in downtown's around the nation. Some cities have planned full mixed use projects around their new Multi-Modal Transportation Hub while other cities just built their Mult-Modal Transportation Hub by itself hoping to spring board development around the station. I'm going to list a few projects that I know of, but if your city is not included and they too have Multi-Modal Transportation Hub projects or Mixed Use Developments around stations, please tell everyone about it and post links if possible.

Denver's Fast Track Mixed Use Project centered around Union Station
Denver Union Station

Raleigh's Multi-Modal Project possibly named Union Station
The Raleigh Connoisseur - A Downtown Raleigh Blog

Miami Multi-Modal Central Station
Miami Intermodal Center
Miami Intermodal Center

D.C.'s Mixed Use Project centered around a Multi-Modal L' Enfant Plaza Station
http://planning.dc.gov/DC/Planning/P...ed%20size2.pdf

Portland Multi-Modal Union Station Project
http://www.portlandonline.com/transp...262556&c=49304
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2011, 12:32 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,961,911 times
How recent do the developments need to be

Suburban station in Philadelphia is a multi-modal station on which basically all the new CBD on Market west resides including Comcast, Liberty, Mellon, etc.

Market East station to me is still deemed a failure; there is a mall built on top but still with many poorly developed areas.

Though there is hope for the area as it sits on top of 2 subway lines, a subway trolly line, and 24 regional rail lines
http://www.philaplanning.org/plans/mkteast/mkteastexecsum.pdf (broken link)

Old 12-28-2011, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
How recent do the developments need to be

Suburban station in Philadelphia is a multi-modal station on which basically all the new CBD on Market west resides including Comcast, Liberty, Mellon, etc.

Market East station to me is still deemed a failure; there is a mall built on top but still with many poorly developed areas.

Though there is hope for the area as it sits on top of 2 subway lines, a subway trolly line, and 24 regional rail lines
http://www.philaplanning.org/plans/mkteast/mkteastexecsum.pdf (broken link)
Within a couple years I guess. That looks like a great project. Should really enhance the whole area.

Old 12-28-2011, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDAllstar View Post
Within a couple years I guess. That looks like a great project. Should really enhance the whole area.

Well then 50s and 80s are a tad old

Old 12-28-2011, 12:51 PM

This is more current though; will link PATH, NYC Subways, and Ferries

Lower Manhattan : World Trade Center Transportation Hub

Old 12-28-2011, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
This is more current though; will link PATH, NYC Subways, and Ferries

Lower Manhattan : World Trade Center Transportation Hub
Now that is going to be something. I completely forgot about that project. Thanks for posting!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City