Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Classified Ads
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2018, 07:50 AM

1 posts, read 685 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for a private owners in the Central Texas area that needs a certified construction work that knows how to remodel and do plumbing. My family is in need of a house and willing to work something out as well please connect with me as soon as possible Godbless...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2018, 10:48 AM

34,124 posts, read 83,117,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unique1987 View Post
...a certified construction work(er) that knows how to remodel and do plumbing.
Does that mean a general contractor license with insurance etc and at least one of the trade licenses ?

Quote:
My family is in need of a house and willing to work something out...
This is a local personal contact sort of thing. Someone who can look you in the eye etc...

But be warned: no fair dealing property owner with any sense will even consider this sort of thing
without some sort of personal tie like to 'help Toms grandson get out of a hole'.

You'll be far better off to move in with a relative or such for a while as you rack up paid hours using those skills and tools...
and then to save every penny you can. Good luck.

Old 10-07-2018, 01:08 PM

6,341 posts, read 4,934,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post

But be warned: no fair dealing property owner with any sense will even consider this sort of thing

Period.

Being a landlord is risky enough. Having tenants working on the property in lieu of rent is lunacy.

(Former landlord.)

Old 10-07-2018, 06:16 PM

268 posts, read 274,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unique1987 View Post
I'm looking for a private owners in the Central Texas area that needs a certified construction work that knows how to remodel and do plumbing. My family is in need of a house and willing to work something out as well please connect with me as soon as possible Godbless...
You'd probably have better luck in one of the area specific forums. This one is more for landlord/tenant question and answers.

Old 10-12-2018, 07:05 AM

1,555 posts, read 2,524,427 times
Many years ago, I was involved in a similar situation;
I owned/occupied a multifamily dwelling, a foreign student was a roommate in one of the apts., he was sending for his wife and needed his own space, one of the apts. needed a remodel, I offered it rent free for his labor. They both remodeled their apt. (did a great job),
then did work on my unit and eventually painted the building exterior.
This situation worked for us, we were best of friends.
In 6 mo work was completed, 6 mo later I told them I will be charging them rent starting the next month,
they decided to move.

Old 10-18-2018, 01:13 PM

405 posts, read 258,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrasser View Post
In 6 mo work was completed, 6 mo later I told them I will be charging them rent starting the next month,
they decided to move.

Then you both got what you wanted. You got remodeled apartments that you could rent for more than before the work and he got a place to stay. Sounds like it was a full time job re-doing your properties so you got a deal.

Old 10-19-2018, 07:02 AM

1,555 posts, read 2,524,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWLC View Post
Then you both got what you wanted. You got remodeled apartments that you could rent for more than before the work and he got a place to stay. Sounds like it was a full time job re-doing your properties so you got a deal.
At the time I thought so, they got a year of free rent, I got needed work addressed.
I did pay the price, a years free rent...a big piece of change.
All was well until rent was due...they moved on, not long after, while his wife went home
to Scandinavia for vacation, he picked up with the woman next door, when wife returned
they divorced, and he married his new love...such is life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Classified Ads