Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 12:00 PM

816 posts, read 1,394,851 times

Advertisements

I've started this thread for people who are interested in moving to Cleveland but have little to no knowledge of the neighborhoods around our city. If you are curious about a certain neighborhood or even a specific street, please ask here and someone who is knowledgeable of the area will certainly guide you in the right direction!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2014, 02:39 PM

1,135 posts, read 1,834,936 times
Seems like things would get lost in one gargantuan thread instead of individual threads, but I suppose that's the Mods call.

Old 10-20-2014, 07:49 PM

1,009 posts, read 1,146,072 times
I just got tickets to fly out Dec. 13! My cousin is taking me to my 2nd Browns game!!!!! She knows I am a Mexican Food snob (I live on the coast in CA) so she recommended La Carnieca...something in Lakewood. I am crossing my fingers because in the past nothing compared to where I eat here. She is also going to cruise me around some hip neighborhoods. She KNOWS that I'd like to move there, but my wife is a CA girl. That said, maybe I can sell it a bit easier if we have good Mexican food.

I am so stoked about the game and weekend! I never get there in December. Maybe it'll rain?? I hope so. It does not rain here. Snow? I'd like that as well.

If you think of a must, let me know. I've done the tourist stuff over the years downtown- RRollHall, Freighter, etc. I want to see a few nice areas where a home is not over a million and has amenities...library, coffee houses, walking to all, bike lanes, real produce, etc.

Old 10-20-2014, 08:12 PM

39 posts, read 180,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherdad View Post
I just got tickets to fly out Dec. 13! My cousin is taking me to my 2nd Browns game!!!!! She knows I am a Mexican Food snob (I live on the coast in CA) so she recommended La Carnieca...something in Lakewood. I am crossing my fingers because in the past nothing compared to where I eat here. She is also going to cruise me around some hip neighborhoods. She KNOWS that I'd like to move there, but my wife is a CA girl. That said, maybe I can sell it a bit easier if we have good Mexican food.

I am so stoked about the game and weekend! I never get there in December. Maybe it'll rain?? I hope so. It does not rain here. Snow? I'd like that as well.

If you think of a must, let me know. I've done the tourist stuff over the years downtown- RRollHall, Freighter, etc. I want to see a few nice areas where a home is not over a million and has amenities...library, coffee houses, walking to all, bike lanes, real produce, etc.
One of the best Mexican restaurants I have ever been to is in the suburbs. It's in Solon, and it's called Senorita Bonita's. I know the owners, and it's a family run joint that has a lot of customers, but is hardly ever packed to the point that there's an hour wait, so there's usually always a table.

The food there is 100% authentic, and it's all made from scratch. The food it self is delicious, and tastes like it came fresh from over the border. I recommend the Pollo Loco and the Grande Papa Burrito. Here's a link.

Señorita Bonita’s Mexican Grill & Cantina in Solon, Ohio

I highly recommend you come try out Senorita Bonita's. You'll be glad you did.

Old 10-20-2014, 08:44 PM

1,009 posts, read 1,146,072 times
Thank you. She lives in Solon so I'll ask.

Old 10-20-2014, 09:06 PM

3,412 posts, read 5,121,352 times
Also check out Momocho, a highly regarded Mod Mex restaurant in Ohio City. Not exactly traditional Mexican, but great nonetheless. For a good place with more traditional offerings, check out Luchita's. There is a surprisingly large hispanic population in Cleveland's West Side, and I'm sure there are some authentic hidden gems I've missed.

Old 10-20-2014, 09:21 PM

4,823 posts, read 4,938,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleverfield View Post
Also check out Momocho, a highly regarded Mod Mex restaurant in Ohio City. Not exactly traditional Mexican, but great nonetheless. For a good place with more traditional offerings, check out Luchita's. There is a surprisingly large hispanic population in Cleveland's West Side, and I'm sure there are some authentic hidden gems I've missed.
Why is it surprising that there is a large hispanic population on the west side? They've been there a long time now.

Old 10-20-2014, 10:32 PM

3,412 posts, read 5,121,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
Why is it surprising that there is a large hispanic population on the west side? They've been there a long time now.
You'd be surprised how many Clevelanders, especially East Siders, don't realize that.

Old 10-21-2014, 12:27 AM

816 posts, read 1,394,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherdad View Post

ahhh I miss the California Mexican food! the california burritos that to my knowledge, only served in san diego, were probably the most delicious thing I've ever eaten. here in Cleveland I would say the mexican food is definitely sub par compared to the west coast; although there is still quite a few good puerto rican and other hispanic restaurants around the west side that make a good taco. a few to check out are barrio in lakewood or tremont which is sorta like a mexican fusion place where you create your own tacos from a checklist, pupuseria la bendicion is a good salvadorean place which is on w.105th near thrush park, pupuseria katarina in old brooklyn, and lastly barroco grill in lakewood which is sort of a latin american fusion place I'd say. check a few of those out.

Old 10-21-2014, 03:57 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,724,822 times
This is a temporary sticky, in a week or 2 we'll see how well this thread works.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland