Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 01:06 PM

44 posts, read 145,865 times

Advertisements

510.00 fees later in one week per an overnight deposit & bad timing on my part>>>> but not 510.00 dollars worth. They are being punitive & playing gotcha banking....

Sound familiar to anyone else? Any tips, am fighting this garbage, the branch manager won't budge, her boss at district wo'n either, Have the VP for Cle & Akr number and waiting for a Call Back..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 01:12 PM

60 posts, read 153,135 times
Yeah I've done that before, at my bank (Huntington) -- not a fun experience. My fees were all overdraft (35 each) and 5/day charge for being negative. I had thought a deposit had come in when it hadnt and then the mess spiraled cuz I use my debit card a lot. But thankfully they agreed to take off most the overdraft charges (about 200/worth), after I showed up at the local bank branch and had a long conversation the manager about my unfortunate timing and a promise to be more careful in the future.

Old 09-22-2008, 01:52 PM

1,859 posts, read 5,037,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steamer View Post
Sound familiar to anyone else? Any tips, am fighting this garbage, the branch manager won't budge, her boss at district wo'n either, Have the VP for Cle & Akr number and waiting for a Call Back..
Don't expect them to budge either, have you seen the mess that a lot of the regional banks have gotten themselves into w/the loan debacle? The stock prices have dove down. I'm not saying you don't have a right to be mad, b/c I know I would be in your situation. Just don't expect them to refund any of it b/c they are clinging to every dollar they can get at this point. It used to work to threaten to take your business elsewhere, but unless you are a huge customer w/lots of loans, they probably won't even care.

Old 09-22-2008, 02:46 PM

44 posts, read 145,865 times
I think they would rather I leave, but I would rather make them pay attention to this customer.....Got some 'ins' here & there. The may not budge, but then again they might..

Old 09-22-2008, 05:00 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,063,300 times
i went from ncb to charterone.. better

Old 09-23-2008, 02:28 PM

60 posts, read 153,135 times
Forgot to consider the current economy in my earlier post -- whoops. The other posters might be right. But if you threaten to leave, who knows -- it might work since they dont really want to lose customers as well.

Anyone have any experience with BoA? Most locations of any bank nationwide (I think), and they are offering $100 to open a checking account. And they just bought Merrill Lynch, so they cant be doing too badly.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritam2001 View Post
Forgot to consider the current economy in my earlier post -- whoops. The other posters might be right. But if you threaten to leave, who knows -- it might work since they dont really want to lose customers as well.

Anyone have any experience with BoA? Most locations of any bank nationwide (I think), and they are offering $100 to open a checking account. And they just bought Merrill Lynch, so they cant be doing too badly.
Had a checking account w/them for over a year; the only problem I ran into was I have a small savings account to back-up any possible overdraft, well I wrote a check that was about $10 more than I had in the checking thinking that the savings would just transfer in to make-up the difference only to find out that they charge a 'over-draft convenience transfer fee of $10.' Was more irked than anything b/c they never told us that when we opened the accounts - when I inquired about it, they assured me it was in the literature they provide when you open the account (I'm sure it's in that tiny print somewhere, does anyone really read those brochures?) - I would have transfered the money myself had I known on-line; other than that though, haven't had any issues w/them. Made a nice little amount on their keep the change program since they match 100% the first 90 days, if you do it right (like pump $20.01 when you get gas as an example) you can get a decent amount, you just have to keep the account open a year before they deposit the money in. If you just need basic checking w/on-line access & bill-pay, you should be fine w/B of A

Old 09-24-2008, 09:18 AM

where is there a boa in ohio?

Old 09-24-2008, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
where is there a boa in ohio?
don't believe there are any in OH

Old 09-24-2008, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritam2001 View Post

No locations in Ohio
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland