Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 11:41 AM

6 posts, read 22,064 times

Advertisements

omg here we go again it depends on what u want do u want the real world or the perfect little neighborhood with picket fences and flowers and houses that all match

Cleveland is not that bad u just need to know where to live most condo complexs are safe

some of the neighborhoods arent the best but you should know every big city has problems especially when they keep decreasing cops and not spending money properly...cough...mr jackson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2008, 01:01 PM

980 posts, read 1,146,657 times
Thumbs up It beats the heck out of not knowing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtra333 View Post
well, this is all "great" news for me. I've been keeping track of this forum here for many months. will go to case this fall.
Well, you know, just prepare yourself. You know, if people make themselves less vulnerable and more aware of crime then they won't become an easy target for criminals. You can do this! However, there isn't a lot of room for sloth. So, unless you want your ticket punched every so often, you should take precautions and prepare for what does happen to people in Cleveland on a routine basis, based on our crime reports. Which, not surprisingly, a lot of folks would rather ignore (that is a human flaw) or prevent others from seeing (another human flaw). So, you can be grateful you have a heads up on the situation, instead of being kept in the dark.

Old 07-22-2008, 04:42 PM

1 posts, read 3,011 times
Thumbs up Peace of mind while living in Cleveland & Surounding areas

There are bad areas in every major city.The best thing to do weather you live in Cleveland or the Suburbs is get an inexpensive surveillance system.There is a local Cleveland company right in downtown that sells inexpensive CCTV systems that you can watch from work or anywhere you have an internet connection.I watch my kids while there outside,I know when my mail & Ebay packages get delivered and I feel that if something were to happen at least it will be caught on video.They give you a sign that lets people know that there is 24hr video surveillance and that alone makes possible vandals or criminals not even want to walk by your house.If you want to get information these people are very helpfull go to [url=http://www.guardiansurveillance.com]Security Surveillance System and Cameras[/url]

Old 07-27-2008, 10:34 PM

826 posts, read 1,625,212 times
This thread makes me laugh. Some of you people are just funny. Cleveland has crime but what about our NICE areas..shaker heights, mayfield, solon, westlake, lakewood, parma, middleburg heights..list goes on and on..these areas are perfectly safe...get a grip! Shaker heights is one of the most expensive and upscale areas in Ohio wouldn't you say? We are the best big city in Ohio and have the best skyline if you ask me, so quit complaining.

Also what other city nearby has much development going on? None in our state besides us, that's for sure.

CLEVELAND | Project Rundown - SkyscraperPage Forum

Old 07-27-2008, 11:02 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,922,658 times
I believe that we were talking about just the city of Cleveland. Crime in the city of Cleveland has been proven to be near the highest in the country. But yes, there are many suburbs and cities just outside of Cleveland that are very safe. Even a few neighborhoods in the city of Cleveland are fairly safe. Also, everything else you said is pretty accurate.

Old 07-27-2008, 11:57 PM

104 posts, read 452,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duff30329 View Post
Any city with a sizeable black population will have a crime problem.
Its a fact as issued by the d.o.j. a few years back.
It may not be PC to express this view,,,however it is a true statement.
phoenix still has crime and ahs 4% african american

Old 07-28-2008, 05:02 AM

980 posts, read 1,146,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciggas View Post
phoenix still has crime and ahs 4% african american
" Blacks are just 13 percent of the population but they commit more than half the muggings and murders in the country. Hispanics commit violent crimes at about three times the white rate.

The proportion of blacks and Hispanics in an area is the single best indicator of how dangerous it is. The racial mix is a much better predictor of crime rates than poverty, unemployment, and dropout rates combined.

Although Jesse Jackson and Bill Cosby wring their hands over black-on-black mayhem, blacks actually commit more violent crime against whites than blacks. A black is about 39 times more likely to do violence to a white than the other way around, and no less than 130 times more likely to rob a white.

And yes, everyone's suspicions about rape are correct: Every year there are about 15,000 black-on-white rapes but fewer than 900 white-on-black rapes. There are more than 3,000 gang rapes of whites by blacks—but white-on-black gang rapes are so rare they do not even show up in the statistics."

VDARE.com: 9/13/05 - Color Of Crime, Sound Of (Big Media) Silence

The Color of Crime (http://amren.com/store/color_of_crime.html - broken link)

Old 07-28-2008, 07:48 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,986,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash83 View Post
This thread makes me laugh. Some of you people are just funny. Cleveland has crime but what about our NICE areas..shaker heights, mayfield, solon, westlake, lakewood, parma, middleburg heights..list goes on and on..these areas are perfectly safe...get a grip! Shaker heights is one of the most expensive and upscale areas in Ohio wouldn't you say? We are the best big city in Ohio and have the best skyline if you ask me, so quit complaining.

Also what other city nearby has much development going on? None in our state besides us, that's for sure.

CLEVELAND | Project Rundown - SkyscraperPage Forum
are you kidding me? mayfield perfectly safe? i've lived here for 31yrs and it has never been "perfectly safe". not now or before...

rotflmao

Old 07-28-2008, 08:10 PM

826 posts, read 1,625,212 times
Compared to a lot of cities for it's size it certainly is

Old 07-28-2008, 08:28 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,986,981 times
next your going to tell me there hasnt been a murder there.. mayfield heights is tiny, you cant compare it to a large city
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland