Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 10:26 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,211,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasey77 View Post
I am leaving California. It is in the high 70's today and sunny! Oh well, not home and will never be for me.
Agree, it is very different than Cleveland and difficult to feel at home in both places.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2009, 05:23 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,204,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasey77 View Post
I am leaving California. It is in the high 70's today and sunny! Oh well, not home and will never be for me.
Not that you didn't give it a fair try; you've been gone for 31 years and still pining for Cleveland. Welcome back is all I can say and I TRULY hope that everything that you want is here and that you're happy.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:10 PM

2,221 posts, read 4,390,912 times
My wife and I decided one day (4yrs ago)to move south to get away from snowbelt and did research decided on Charlotte, NC. Our kids are now 13+15, best thing we ever did. Sun is always shining, lots of young people. Kids play outside year round. City clean, new and growing. Lots of northerners (too many Steeler fans tho). 3-1/2 hrs from beach, 2hrs from mountains. Life is good.

Old 01-14-2009, 01:11 PM

414 posts, read 1,277,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CortlandGirl79 View Post
Florida is not all that it's cracked up to be. Have you seen the people on these boards that are looking to flee Florida??? Many are moving back north or at least to TN or NC. Their complaints include everything from unaffordable house insurance (think 3k/year or more just to insure your home) to a lack of good paying jobs. If you move there make sure you have a job first.
That's a very good point. My adoptive state (NC) is quickly being saturated with disgruntled Florida transplants....ughhhhhh....

Old 01-16-2009, 11:01 PM

4 posts, read 6,654 times
I WANT TO LEAVE where the hell are the jobs here . You get a sunday paper and the job section is so thin its crazy it only two pages after a while Im gonna be forced to leave becuase I cant survive. And the men haa non of my friends are married lots of men just wanna play games here.

Old 01-16-2009, 11:07 PM

4 posts, read 6,654 times
Default Kasey comming home

Kasey why are you moving back I wanna move to Cali

Old 01-17-2009, 10:31 AM

256 posts, read 736,163 times
Because my family and friends are in the Cleveland area. California is NOT Nirvana. It is a very transient place, no roots. Many times I will be in an area and I am the only engish speaking person there. The areas that are beautiful here are very very crowded, smoggy.
The weather is beyond great. But, I can not live just for weather.
Many people love it here. If I had family here I would not leave.

Old 01-17-2009, 10:57 AM

256 posts, read 736,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5'5 browneyes View Post
I WANT TO LEAVE where the hell are the jobs here . You get a sunday paper and the job section is so thin its crazy it only two pages after a while Im gonna be forced to leave becuase I cant survive. And the men haa non of my friends are married lots of men just wanna play games here.

Don't think the job situation is much better in So. California. Do not know about Northern Ca. And I have had several single girlfriends leave the area because they felt they would never find a husband here.

Old 01-18-2009, 02:08 PM

1,110 posts, read 4,370,659 times
WOw..I just moved to cleveland (middleburg hts) last year from NJ.. I love it..Thankfully I kept my job in NYC and work from home..so no commute..and no weather to deal with. I do find it odd that the sundays newspaper employment is like 2 pages..Jobs are definately scarce here and understand now why people would leave..But the people are are much nicer, more polite, helpful, and overall feels safer. So far, we are looking to buy here and settle down..and no, I aint a browns fan (Jets/Yankees) fan.. I find it hilariour Mangini is now the browns coach..I feel a 1-16 season coming on. I hate Mangini...

Old 01-18-2009, 02:32 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,984,887 times
oh give me a break.. it'll be 3-13
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland