Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2017, 11:12 AM

213 posts, read 211,413 times

Advertisements

Wonder why it has not taken off after all other issues resolved
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2017, 08:08 PM

I'm wondering also. It appears to be a great deal but I just worry if more units being built , amenities and how many are sold now

Old 12-15-2017, 03:32 AM

I do too. Love the way they look (from on line), the location, size and price but I'm having a hard time finding out info unless I call a realtor. The realtor I've used out of Shallotte nc didn't really know much about it so might have to ask one that lives near by

Old 05-28-2021, 10:52 AM

2 posts, read 1,101 times
Came across this thread after seeing one of the condos for sale on Zillow. Anyone have anything new to add since the last post here was in 2017? I'm kind of sus of the three ppl who appeared in this thread to say how great the place is and would love to hear from someone that has something to say that doesn't sound like PR.

Very curious to know about how noisy the units are? Paper thin walls? Noisy hard floors? They are pretty inside but I'm wondering how all of those hardwood floors sound if you're not on the top floor. I used to live in an apt in NY where the two women above me walked back and forth all day in heels and I'm not anxious to relive that

Old 05-29-2021, 06:19 PM

13,368 posts, read 27,015,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by humaninterface View Post
.........Very curious to know about how noisy the units are? Paper thin walls? Noisy hard floors? They are pretty inside but I'm wondering how all of those hardwood floors sound if you're not on the top floor......
I also saw a new listing on Zillow, and they look attractive. The prices have risen also.

There are noise meters that you could place in an apartment, but I am not sure of the legality of asking a Realtor to place one in a unit for sale.

It is probably fair to ask the Realtor what percentage of the condos are short-term rentals as opposed to resident owners. I would assume some of the short-term renters could be having noisy parties.

Old 06-01-2021, 09:51 PM

2 posts, read 1,101 times
I hadn't even considered the whole party angle. I appreciate your reply and your ideas, definitely going to ask the realtor the ratio of rentals to residents. Thank you!

Old 09-03-2022, 02:04 PM

39 posts, read 88,507 times
Default Dolphin Shores Update

Does anyone have an update on this property? I see that several units are for sale recently and that hasn't been the norm? One listing mentions new owners but I've yet to see an update online.

Old 09-04-2022, 04:22 AM

I have no more info, but I am questioning the marketing for these condo units. Who is the target purchaser? They are inland, not on the beach, and not really convenient to the ocean. Are they targeted at a primary owner who would rent them out some of the time? Then use them to entertain family on other weekends?

They are small, between 1300-1700 SF, and seem too small for turning into a permanent retirement residence. Although I did notice they are advertised as ADA compliant. Would someone with a wheel-chair bound partner find them attractive?

There are some similar mid-rise condos in Southport near the small airport. I could see ones in this location becoming permanent residences, as Southport has the kind of conveniences needed for permanent living, like doctors and and a hospital. Does Holden Beach offer anything for a permanent resident?

Last edited by goldenage1; 09-04-2022 at 05:41 AM..

Old 09-04-2022, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenmag View Post
Does anyone have an update on this property? I see that several units are for sale recently and that hasn't been the norm? One listing mentions new owners but I've yet to see an update online.
I have read thru the ads (which you find thru Google, but not Zillow), and saw one unit pending at $299,000, and others for sale at $340K and $345K. One unit with the better views was at $689K. That one mentioned a HOA fee of about $6000 annually. I suppose one could consider buying an existing unit if one likes the location. However, they are now 15 years old, and could use updating.

The ads say they have completed building the pool, a covered structure and the boat launches. The ad also mentions presales of new units. The Facebook page from yesterday says they are ready to break ground on Building F in between the other two. However, who in their right mind would invest in a unit that has not been built yet, given today's supply chain issues and major inflation?

If I had that kind of money for an investment condo, I would look at other developments like St James, Crow Creek and Brunswick Plantation. If I wanted a permanent residence, I would look at the ones on Marsh Grove Lane in Southport.

Last edited by goldenage1; 09-04-2022 at 08:10 AM..

Old 09-04-2022, 02:38 PM

39 posts, read 88,507 times
Interesting thoughts for sure. Their timing to continue the project doesn't seem that great. We'll see if it actually occurs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina