Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2022, 07:36 PM

1,790 posts, read 6,518,485 times

Advertisements

Wawa is looking to build its first NC store in KDH.

https://www.outerbanksvoice.com/2022...tore-location/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2022, 01:18 PM

218 posts, read 214,189 times
I'm interested to see how WAWA fairs in the South. I've been saying for years that I wish they would allow franchises so I could start one in my neck of the woods. However, it's understandable why they don't. Their business structure is incredible. They take care of employees. Never had a bad experience at a WAWA. If you do, it's always corrected with a phone call back and sometimes a gift card.

Old 02-16-2022, 09:41 PM

Can anyone compare Sheetz to Wawa? The Wawas I have been too are generally clean and in nice areas. My experience with Sheetz has been mostly the opposite.

Old 02-17-2022, 06:46 AM

218 posts, read 214,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citydweller View Post
Can anyone compare Sheetz to Wawa? The Wawas I have been too are generally clean and in nice areas. My experience with Sheetz has been mostly the opposite.
I've been to Sheetz once or twice. Once you've gone to a business that's set the bar pretty high, there just isn't a reason to try something else. Just my stance. Like I said, WAWA has a great structure and it's important to them how they are viewed and do business. We used to host their events at a hotel I used to run. You learn a lot about a company and their people just by watching and listening.

Old 02-17-2022, 08:29 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,552,876 times
I've been to both, and I would consider them pretty similar. So similar it comes to small preferences. I've had food from both. There's not much different, IMO. Wawa seems "cleaner" to me. But only because I've been to way more Sheetz than Wawa and I've seen my share of dirty Sheetz bathrooms . But all of the times (less than 10) I've been to Wawa, the bathrooms have been cleaner.

It's like coke vs. pepsi. Just depends on which one you like better.

Old 07-14-2022, 01:51 AM

837 posts, read 854,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptnD View Post
I'm interested to see how WAWA fairs in the South. I've been saying for years that I wish they would allow franchises so I could start one in my neck of the woods. However, it's understandable why they don't. Their business structure is incredible. They take care of employees. Never had a bad experience at a WAWA. If you do, it's always corrected with a phone call back and sometimes a gift card.
Wawa is already in VA and FL, two Southern States. Even MD and DC and technically considered Southern. I’d rather see a Wawa in NY, Boston and Pittsburgh than NC or TN at this moment.

Old 07-14-2022, 05:23 AM

921 posts, read 750,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptnD View Post
I'm interested to see how WAWA fairs in the South. I've been saying for years that I wish they would allow franchises so I could start one in my neck of the woods. However, it's understandable why they don't.
Wawa doesn't franchise. Per their website:

"Does Wawa Franchise?
No, Wawa does not franchise our stores."

They're in FL now.

Old 10-14-2022, 10:18 AM

https://wobx.com/2022/10/13/site-cle...-s-first-wawa/

Land is being cleared.

Old 11-05-2022, 04:43 PM

1,063 posts, read 909,084 times
some companies build a store in a resort/tourist area which is very far away from the HQ
so that the company employees can "visit" the store and stay on business expenses.

Old 11-11-2022, 09:14 AM

605 posts, read 1,259,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen Wister View Post
Wawa doesn't franchise. Per their website:

"Does Wawa Franchise?
No, Wawa does not franchise our stores."

They're in FL now.
we desperately need one near MYRTLE BEACH OR WILMINGTON, NC!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina