Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Collecting and Antiques
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 03:07 AM

1 posts, read 2,025 times

Advertisements

I have a collection of roughly 300 mini bottles I'm in AZ I'm looking to sell some from 1930
If you know anyone hit me up I'll get back to you [email]dbooy2910@gmail.com[/email] thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2017, 10:43 AM

1 posts, read 1,936 times
I am looking for CROWN ROYAL MINI BOTTLES 330/603/2277

Old 06-04-2017, 10:56 AM

6 posts, read 11,817 times
I have some pre-Castro mini liquor bottles from Sloppy Joe's Bar, c. 1950, when my parents traveled there on their honeymoon. Most are empty, but I think there might be some sugary sludge left in a few of them. I have plenty of mementos of my parents' lives and alcohol never played a central role in our family, so can somebody suggest where I might be able to sell these?
Attached Thumbnails
Miniature liquor bottle collection...where to sell?-cubabottles.jpg  

Old 06-04-2017, 11:11 AM

50,366 posts, read 63,948,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Montalbano View Post
I have some pre-Castro mini liquor bottles from Sloppy Joe's Bar, c. 1950, when my parents traveled there on their honeymoon. Most are empty, but I think there might be some sugary sludge left in a few of them. I have plenty of mementos of my parents' lives and alcohol never played a central role in our family, so can somebody suggest where I might be able to sell these?
Post them on eBay and see if you get any interest. I believe it doesn't cost you anything until you sell.

Old 06-04-2017, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Post them on eBay and see if you get any interest. I believe it doesn't cost you anything until you sell.
That, of course, was my first thought. However, I have a history of under-pricing items on eBay and then losing money (or breaking even, if I'm lucky) after fees, etc. I'd like to get an idea of the possible value before I list them, so if you know of a site I can peruse for info before I do anything...

Old 06-04-2017, 11:47 AM

50,366 posts, read 63,948,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Montalbano View Post
That, of course, was my first thought. However, I have a history of under-pricing items on eBay and then losing money (or breaking even, if I'm lucky) after fees, etc. I'd like to get an idea of the possible value before I list them, so if you know of a site I can peruse for info before I do anything...
Have you tried screening the Completed items category? If anything similar has been listed or sold, you will have an idea at least.
I used to sell on eBay a bit and even though it costs more, you should set a minimum, and know ahead of time the likely shipping cost.

I know these aren't exactly right, but maybe with the current interest in Cuba, you could get a bit more.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Cuba...MAAOSwuLZY3lt9

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Bood...3D361974656576

Last edited by gentlearts; 06-04-2017 at 11:57 AM..

Old 06-04-2017, 01:13 PM

Thanks for those references. I'm a bit pissed because my parents managed to keep these sealed for 67 years and then they somehow leaked during shipping.

My only thought is that these are from the "good old days" before Fidel and might be a little more valuable than a typical mini bottle.

By the way, did you see any of those non-Cuban bottles at the top of the photo? Anything look interesting there?

Old 01-01-2018, 07:01 PM

1 posts, read 1,652 times
I have about 600 bottles from the 70's and early 80's. All are full. Most have had the top sealed with wax. I have pictures of all and a list of which ones have evaporation. I no longer collect and would like to sell these as a set. You can e-mail me at [email]robin@midnitesolar.com[/email]

Old 08-23-2018, 02:51 PM

1 posts, read 1,399 times
I have a collection of 149 bottles, all full. Looking to sell all. Contact me at thedukie@aol.com if interested. Will send photos. Am in south Florida

Old 08-23-2018, 03:17 PM

2,474 posts, read 2,698,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
If they still have liquor in them, you need to have a liquor license to sell and ship them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Collecting and Antiques