Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2016, 04:48 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,118,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Les Miles is out as football coach at LSU, and so is his offensive coordinator.

The school confirmed The Advocate's earlier report that Miles and Cam Cameron were fired Sunday, a day after LSU, ranked No. 5 in the preseason Top 25, fell to 2-2 with an 18-13 loss at Auburn. It's the worst start to a season since Miles took over in 2005.

Defensive line coach Ed Orgeron will be introduced to the team as LSU’s interim coach at a 5 p.m. meeting, LSU confirmed.. Orgeron and LSU deputy athletic director Verge Ausberry were seen entering the football operations complex at 3:35 p.m. Ausberry declined comment.
LSU confirms it: Les Miles, Cam Cameron out at LSU; Ed Orgeron to be Tigers' interim coach, Pete Jenkins to join staff | LSU | theadvocate.com

Surprised nobody posted this yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2016, 05:09 PM

21,035 posts, read 27,464,067 times
I posted in in another thread, "2016 College Football Season."

I wonder if many could agree Les Miles and LSU were not winning enough recently. In regards to LSU, this season and the 2017 season will be rebuilding and changing the program. It remains to be seen if Orgeron will win the head coaching job permanently, or if LSU has other candidates in mind.

In regards to Les Miles, he can win games and is not done yet coaching. He will be coaching somewhere in 2017.

Old 09-25-2016, 06:13 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,118,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post

I wonder if many could agree Les Miles and LSU were not winning enough recently. In regards to LSU, this season and the 2017 season will be rebuilding and changing the program. It remains to be seen if Orgeron will win the head coaching job permanently, or if LSU has other candidates in mind.

In regards to Les Miles, he can win games and is not done yet coaching. He will be coaching somewhere in 2017.
Oh...well it's a big enough story to potential survive as it's own thread.

Terrible managment of the situation by Miles. They should have either fired him after last season, or waited until the end of this season. I understand the firing of Cameron. They have Tom Herman in mind, but as I posted on another thread, my money is on Petrino or Briles.

Old 09-25-2016, 06:14 PM

4,390 posts, read 4,447,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post

But he is one weird dude! Maybe S Carolina should take a look now that "the old ball coach is gone". One thing's for sure -- the Michigan job ain't open for him now.
Hey Les, heres some Burmuda you can chomp on

Old 09-25-2016, 10:15 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,420,555 times
Never even heard that until a while ago today.

Old 09-25-2016, 10:54 PM

8,619 posts, read 14,995,863 times
You don't fire a guy who's won you a national championship and gone 114-34 over 11+ years in the middle of the season. It sends a message to all possible replacements that the school has no loyalty. I honestly hope LSU crashes and burns like Nebraska did after they booted Solich.

Hearing that LSU has reached out to Art Briles. Seriously? The guy who knowingly stood by and did nothing while his players raped and abused co-eds? Briles is scum.

Last edited by bluescreen73; 09-25-2016 at 11:03 PM..

Old 09-26-2016, 06:55 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,572,067 times
He has demonstrated too many times that he cannot manage the clock.

Yes, he has only lost 34 games while at LSU, but I can assure you, far too significant a portion of those games were lost by pure incompetence in clock management alone.

He should have been fired last season, but the team rallied around him and they rattled off a decent last 1/4 of the season.

Besides clock management he also has a track record for poor communication. I remember specifically in one of those end of the season games last year, where they called a timeout near the end of the game and came back out and nobody was on the same page. Much too commonplace for the team to be confused and out of sync. That rests on Les' shoulders and no one else's, ESPECIALLY just coming out of a time out. NO EXCUSE for that.

There is no way LSU should be 2-2. The offensive scheming by Cameron was terrible, and has been for the last few seasons. Fournette got 16 carries for 101 yards. 16 carries? Are you freaking kidding me? That man should be touching the ball 30 times a game, EVERY game. They got really far ahead of MSU and then stopped playing. Almost allowed MSU to comeback in that game.

As an LSU fan, I could literally rattle off a dozen games where Les and staff made poor decisions and not only poor decisions but sticking to flawed game plans that just weren't working.

I like Les as a personality. He is a good guy, but that's not what you need in a head coach.

Personally I like Orgeron. I think he should have been given the USC job after he served as interim there and did really really well. I am hoping LSU has given him the team for the remainder of the season as a "try out", and if he does well, I think he should get the job.

Old 09-26-2016, 07:18 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,572,067 times
Also, Why in the world isn't the QB seeing a wide open Malachi Dupre?
At least twice in that final drive, When they were inside the 20, Dupre was open for a TD. The kid didn't even look his way.

You HAVE you be beating that into Etling's head "Dupre is your FIRST read".

Then the final play???? How are you not snapping the ball IMMEDIATELY after the whistle blows??

I mean there was so much wrong within that one game it just made me sick watching it.

Old 09-26-2016, 09:11 AM

4,436 posts, read 7,702,996 times
The SEC is one cut throat corporation.......!

Old 09-26-2016, 09:13 AM

4,436 posts, read 7,702,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
also, why in the world isn't the qb seeing a wide open malachi dupre?
At least twice in that final drive, when they were inside the 20, dupre was open for a td. The kid didn't even look his way.

You have you be beating that into etling's head "dupre is your first read".

then the final play???? How are you not snapping the ball immediately after the whistle blows??

i mean there was so much wrong within that one game it just made me sick watching it.
One tiggitty tick.........!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football