Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2021, 05:12 PM

26,210 posts, read 49,022,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.frog View Post
... leaving things up to individuals to do "what they feel they need to do to be safe" ...
That's a big part of why that condo collapsed in Florida a few weeks ago. People just aren't sophisticated in complicated matters and reduce things to bumper sticker simplicity.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2021, 09:29 PM

753 posts, read 1,104,260 times
COVID incidence in El Paso CO is back up over 100/100K, after having been in the 50s in late June and early July. Test positivity now 6.28%. This is not good. :-( We're at 55.8% fully vaccinated now.

https://www.elpasocountyhealth.org/c...data-dashboard

Old 07-27-2021, 08:15 AM

6,821 posts, read 10,513,511 times
Yes, it looks like El Paso is in the running for the worst large county in the state - https://www.westword.com/news/covid-...OUd8d92SNKdWqg

Old 08-27-2021, 09:15 PM

Big jump in the El Paso county case rate the past couple days; we're now at 210/100k/7d. That's up 20% since last week, almost 4x higher than this summer's low in early July, and 6x higher than last year at this time.

I don't think it's a coincidence that local schools started the week before last. I see 3 new school-related outbreaks listed (click through to page 7). It is just nuts to me that we are dealing with a more-contagious variant and instead of taking more precautions to limit spread, we have done away with all the ones we had last year, and the people we are putting at most risk are *children*, for god's sake. :-(

Old 08-28-2021, 11:46 AM

1,455 posts, read 1,858,120 times
Default Surrounded by Stupidity

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.frog View Post
Big jump in the El Paso county case rate the past couple days; we're now at 210/100k/7d. That's up 20% since last week, almost 4x higher than this summer's low in early July, and 6x higher than last year at this time.

I don't think it's a coincidence that local schools started the week before last. I see 3 new school-related outbreaks listed (click through to page 7). It is just nuts to me that we are dealing with a more-contagious variant and instead of taking more precautions to limit spread, we have done away with all the ones we had last year, and the people we are putting at most risk are *children*, for god's sake. :-(
I watched a news piece this morning - a nurse in S. Dakota's posts went viral, so she was being interviewed. She says the many (un-vaccinated) people coming to the hospital sick with Covid are denying that's what they have. One stated she thought she had lung cancer. Their governor is not doing her constituents any favors. It's everywhere, and it's beyond nuts.

Old 09-18-2021, 07:42 AM

7,182 posts, read 9,311,052 times
Default Too many Vaxholes!

Hospitals move to "orange-red" level, unvaccinated COVID-19 patients driving the surge

https://www.csindy.com/news/local/ho...3c4e71d04.html

"Local hospitals have seen more than 150 COVID patients in the last week, Public Health said in a news release, the highest level since the beginning of the year when the winter surge was declining. The new spike is driven by the unvaccinated.

"This change indicates hospital capacity is strained and local hospitals are experiencing resource and staff limitations," the release said.

“UCHealth’s hospitals in the Pikes Peak region continue to see record numbers of patients needing care for COVID and other health conditions. This morning, our hospitals in the region were caring for 90 patients with COVID – a number not seen since early January,” Dr. David Steinbruner, chief medical officer for UCHealth Memorial, said in the release."

Old 10-20-2021, 04:22 PM

I was supposed to have outpatient foot surgery next month at Memorial Central, but I was just notified today that they are cancelling all such elective surgeries (what they call "tier 2") at least through the end of November because they are full due to COVID. :-( Not sure if that means full of COVID patients or full of patients with other problems who have been transferred from other hospitals that are full of COVID patients. I was kind of afraid this would happen.... my doctor's scheduler thought they might be able to do it in December or January now, but if things follow the same pattern as last winter I'd guess that's not very likely. I hope the various vaccine mandate deadlines that are approaching (military, government contractors, health care workers, etc) plus the real-soon-now availability of vaccines for children will keep hospitalizations/deaths well below last winter's peak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs