Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2018, 07:19 AM

7,185 posts, read 9,322,724 times

Advertisements

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/05/2...colorado-2017/

Wow man! That's a lot of weed.

"Colorado’s legal marijuana grows produced tons — nearly 500 of them — of cannabis last year.

And the state’s cannabis consumers ate, smoked, vaped and dabbed that right up.

Colorado’s marijuana shops sold 11.1 million edibles, 411,000 pounds of flower and a sharply increasing amount of marijuana concentrate last year, according to the Colorado Marijuana Enforcement Division’s 2017 annual report, released Friday."

I think edibles will have the best growth prospects because they avoid that cannabis smoke stink.

"Wana Brands’ Whiteman expects flower’s share to continue to decline. Extraction processes are growing increasingly sophisticated, allowing for more edible and concentrate products to be “constructed” with components of the plants to create specific, targeted effects, she said.

And as the industry matures, recreational operations are increasing their market share."

Although I've now lived in Colorado for over 40 years and I've never tried the stuff, I think the decision to make it legal was correct. Prohibition never worked for alcohol and it won't work for pot.

If I ever develop a need for pain control, I'd try edibles for its CBD content.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2018, 07:59 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,873,001 times
There are 3 pot shops in the small town of Ridgway, the parking lots are packed just about every day. One shop had to move to a bigger building because of the crowds. Someone is making a lot of money (the out of state owners).

Old 05-28-2018, 10:20 AM

26,214 posts, read 49,052,722 times
Hopefully those "out of state owners" are our citizens and not a drug cartel. I've tried to buy stock in some of the firms but Wells Fargo won't let me own those equities in my brokerage account with them.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 05-28-2018, 10:59 AM

256 posts, read 140,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision67 View Post

I think edibles will have the best growth prospects because they avoid that cannabis smoke stink.

I have seen comments like this very recently... Has anyone tried this Cannabis / Marijuana Distillate Inhaler with Rich Live Terpenes.

Old 05-28-2018, 06:41 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,332,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Hopefully those "out of state owners" are our citizens and not a drug cartel. I've tried to buy stock in some of the firms but Wells Fargo won't let me own those equities in my brokerage account with them.
You're kidding!?!

I'd be looking for a new broker...

Old 05-28-2018, 06:56 PM

18,726 posts, read 33,396,751 times
Quote:
Is that because of the federal law, that WF can't take cash from states that are going against the federal law or something, isn't that why the MJ industry is all cash at this point?

Old 05-28-2018, 07:04 PM

26,214 posts, read 49,052,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
Is that because of the federal law, that WF can't take cash from states that are going against the federal law or something, isn't that why the MJ industry is all cash at this point?
I believe WF is afraid of the Feds since MJ is still not legal and the Justice Department could do most anything though that seems a stretch as more states legalize MJ. IIRC the banks won't even touch MJ money, won't even let MJ shops make a deposit into an account as a Fed could call it money laundering of drug money.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 06-13-2018, 07:13 PM

4 posts, read 4,364 times
Quote:
I believe WF is afraid of the Feds since MJ is still not legal and the Justice Department could do most anything though that seems a stretch as more states legalize MJ. IIRC the banks won't even touch MJ money, won't even let MJ shops make a deposit into an account as a Fed could call it money laundering of drug money.
You could buy the "MJ" ETF, alternatively. https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/fund/mj

Old 09-17-2020, 04:05 AM

7,185 posts, read 9,322,724 times
Colorado breaks monthly marijuana sales record for third month in a row, passing $200 million

https://gazette.com/dg-print/colorad...c2c07ef95.html

"Colorado’s marijuana sales reached $227 million in July, a record for the state, according to a report from the Colorado Department of Revenue, including both medical and retail marijuana sales. Retail accounted for $183 million of the total.

This is the third month in a row that Colorado has broken its sales record. The state recorded $199 million of marijuana sales in June and $192 million in May.

As of the end of July, marijuana sales in Colorado have reached over $1.2 billion for 2020 alone. Colorado’s all-time marijuana sales, beginning in January 2014, have now reached $9 billion .

Colorado’s 2020 marijuana sales have already nearly doubled 2014’s yearly sales of $6.8 million and 2013’s $99.5 million. Marijuana sales by calendar year have increased annually since recording began in 2014.

Last year’s total sales are expected to be exceeded yet again as July’s sales put Colorado less than $550 million away from 2019’s yearly total, without yet accounting for August, the state’s highest-grossing month on average.

Sales numbers from August are expected to be released in early October."

....' wastin' away in Margaritaville..'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
View detailed profiles of: