Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2021, 01:21 PM

185 posts, read 461,495 times

Advertisements

Fort Morgan employment - Fast food, Walmart, and the Sugar Beet Processing company (which last visit through the state, the smoke stacks weren't going, I hear that they were finally cracked down on by the state for some garbage they have been doing for years.) and Cargill, they process beef at this facility.

When I lived there, they had nasty red, hot (like, in streams running from town to the river, steam and nastiness floated off the surface of the water. I can only assume the source was from Cargill, as the town regularly smelled of vomit from either plant. Hotel guests such as family visiting their dying relatives in town regularly were refunded for their stay because the smell made people nauseous, and children even threw up in their rooms.

The hotels in the area are mismanaged (worked part-time at one) and most, if not all their business comes from Cargill having to fly Canadian Cargill employees in to semi-live there in hotel rooms and try to help the plant keep up with the high-turnover, because guess what, the management there sucks too. Pay is garbage, I was lied to when I applied for and worked at a hotel there, so I didn't stay long.

I also for 2-3 years lived in an unincorporated part of Parshall, which I think only has a bar and a church? I didn't go there often. Summit county was only 45 minutes down the pass.

I'm also searching for options in the state. Nebraska lite is how my husband and I like to describe Eastern CO. I'd rather take my chances in Rifle or...just about anything North, West, and South of the Front Range.

Laramie in Wyoming is pretty bumpin' (for Wyoming, it doesn't really 'bump' up there from my short trip through).

Edit: Kremmling doesn't have much, but it's a reasonable distance from Summit County (think Breckenridge).
There's always jobs in Summit - and never housing

Last edited by Plainswalker; 12-21-2021 at 01:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2023, 10:36 AM

1,951 posts, read 2,301,928 times
Campo Co dirt cheap , cheap dirt

Old 08-14-2023, 01:50 PM

17,712 posts, read 29,839,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilberry View Post
Campo Co dirt cheap , cheap dirt
Easy access to Kansas, Texas, Oklahoma and New Mexico.

Low prices https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/7...94170858_zpid/

Old 08-30-2023, 10:37 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tempe2b View Post
Hello:

Hope you are doing well!
I'm somewhat of a newbie on this forum so bear with me if this is a repeat posting. Feel free to point me to other threads that may provide insight on my questions below. I am just trying to get some ideas from experts and knowledgeable folks out there.

I recently posted another thread asking other members for ideas on owning a 'nice' property in the CO area for $150K. It was apparent pretty quick that I was way out of my league on that idea.

So, let me take another shot at this and ask a slightly broader question. Colorado is where my heart is at, but I know it is wishful thinking to find a 'nice' place there in that price range.

Q: Are there any other western states (with mountains) like AZ or WA that might fir my criteria of 'nice' and price range?

Q: Are there any areas in CO that may seem far and rural right now, but may have the potential to grow in next 10 years?

In my last thread, there were some questions on what constitutes as 'nice'.
Here's how i would define a 'nice' area:
- desirable place within 1 to 2 hour driving distance of a city (i.e., denver, colorado springs, seattle, phoenix, etc.) with clear mountain views.
- has a suburb feel to it, but isn't too rural.
- has a 'feel' of a small/medium city.
- family-friendly and laid back lifestyle.
- demographics do not matter at all as long as the aforementioned items are covered.

Thanks again for your help and advice. My apologies if i something in my thread comes across as inappropriate. That was not my intention.

Thanks again
I realize it's been 2 yrs since the OP posted, but just in case they're still looking, or someone else has similar interests:
Northern New Mexico is on the southern end of the Colorado plateau. Mountains, and mountain views---check! Family-friendly and laid back--double-check! Within an hour or two's drive of a city--see the mountain villages north of Santa Fe, or southeast of SF, along Hwy 25, or if you can afford it, villages close and just north of Santa Fe. There's beauty in there!
I'd say, the more suburban feel is in El Dorado. Not far from there: Glorieta (cheaper). Also, to the north of SF-- Tesuque, though it has a more rural appearance, and is much more green, with creeks running through it. But it's pricier.

Old 10-08-2023, 01:39 PM

1,459 posts, read 1,404,630 times
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/reti...me/ss-AA1hQlb2

Old 10-08-2023, 05:08 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,744 posts, read 58,090,525 times
as of today, Yuma looks to have a few homes under $150k

$60k 'fixer' in Hereford (2105 SF)! Lots of 'ventilation' and varmints to deal with to git er dried in by winter (tomorrow?)
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/6...61260802_zpid/
Freeze proof hydrant is a plus! and a fireplace and Piano (plus lots of shelves). Close to Wyoming!!! Pine Bluffs is a nice town for your shopping needs. Cabela's is not so far away. (Sidney) if still open... https://journalstar.com/news/state-a...85429b80c.html

$75k in New Raymor (Wintertized!) 3bd 1 bath
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2...14053054_zpid/

Wray has a duplex for $300k, but I think you'll be able to do better soon.

Old 10-08-2023, 05:26 PM

26,221 posts, read 49,066,237 times
The O.P. hasn't been back in 2+ years, we can stop trying now.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 10-10-2023, 11:27 AM

1,951 posts, read 2,301,928 times
Amen

Old 10-10-2023, 12:30 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,744 posts, read 58,090,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilberry View Post
Amen
So no more people in the world, who search 'relocation' websites are looking for affordable properties in Colorado?

I'm still buying
Not dead yet.

My mom bought and got a 30 yr mortgage (at age 87).
She has done many flip homes in Colorado. All were 'affordable'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado