Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 06:13 AM

150 posts, read 395,122 times

Advertisements

I think this would be a great location. Bass Pro is a regional draw and they are well known for building just outside the city proper. This is a quick 15 minutes for Columbus residents. Just look at Montgomery's Bass Pro in Prattville, AL. It is the same distance away and does fine. It even had a catalyst effect with all the major big box stores opening around it. Bass Pro does there homework before choosing a build site.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2013, 03:42 PM

286 posts, read 437,938 times
yeah maybe if a bass proshop goes in there and with the publix going in there as well to support the bass proshop and then im pretty sure more things will follow in behind it maybe a few fast food restraunts because we sure need them and a few more gas stations. We sure need more stuff built off the exits on I185 in harris county because there's nothing hardly on them exits.

Old 06-30-2013, 05:25 PM

2,663 posts, read 4,842,054 times
If more stores does start flowing into Harris County,then what will happen with Phenix City?

Old 06-30-2013, 05:58 PM

1,405 posts, read 1,850,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Rose View Post
Harris County Commissioner's mouth.
When did he say this? The only place off 315 for this to happen would be The Grove property that Woodruff owns. This is pretty far from the whitewater project, but it is on I-185... not sure how the traffic counts compare to 431 in Phenix City.

Bass Pro Shop does put locations in weird locations... e.g. Leeds, AL = Birmingham, AL market. Prattville, AL = Montgomery, AL.

I need more information...

Old 06-30-2013, 07:31 PM

5,616 posts, read 8,643,483 times
Just got some solid info from a very reliable source. Bass Pro is actively looking at the Columbus market. They have 2 sites in mind. One in Phenix City near the Home Depot and the other off of 315. Publix is looking as well as part of a major development. He believes they are leaning more towards 315. If this is the case, this will be a huge development opportunity for that area. Fingers crossed!!!

Old 06-30-2013, 08:25 PM

286 posts, read 437,938 times
In my opinion i would want it to be in harris county off of the interstate exit because this would spur more development off the interstate in harris county. There needs to be more developement in harris county off the exits on the interstate I185 because it's to dead there's just a few gas stations off them exit's and that's it. I would like to see bass proshop go there and publix and few fast food restraunts like a burgerking and a hotel.

Old 06-30-2013, 10:22 PM

201 posts, read 350,232 times
lol, we desperately need more things in Alabama. It would be awesome out by Home Depot since that is right around the corner from my house. Not that I care about fishing, but I own some property right behind Home Depot... and hopefully, my property value will increase greatly.

The only property I can think that would be large enough in Phenix City that is close to Home Depot is Johnny Dudley's property right past Home Depot and that is in Lee County. I didn't think that land was quite ready for anything like that yet. I will have to start paying more attention to it...since it is caddy corner from our sign business. I do know the property beside us is selling as potential commercial (it is now under contract) and another piece of property just came up for sale, but these are lot size.

Last edited by kimolive; 06-30-2013 at 11:23 PM..

Old 07-01-2013, 05:57 AM

1,405 posts, read 1,850,394 times
Time will tell.... Official word from Harris County at this point:

Quote:
We do not have any official word on any tenants at this point. When good prospects for retail and corporate offices make inquiries for sites in Harris County, we make them aware of the planned development, but we have nothing on any commitments from any specific tenants. We will always endeavor to seek businesses who are a good fit for Harris County.

Old 07-01-2013, 07:50 AM

5,616 posts, read 8,643,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amyers3 View Post
Time will tell.... Official word from Harris County at this point:
Where did you find that quote? Nothing will be announced until the retailers give consent to do so. It could take weeks if not months. All depends on the timeline.

Old 07-01-2013, 08:57 AM

322 posts, read 602,541 times
Nothing specific, but I have been told that Harris County will be widening River Rd from the county line (basically Batton Creek) all the way to I-185. Obviously 315 lies along that path, so they do appear to be gearing up for expansion. That is a huge project in and of itself, a lot of businesses and churches, houses are going to lose some property
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA