Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2006, 11:56 AM

15 posts, read 55,574 times

Advertisements

My trip to Columbus:

Columbus seems to have a lot more to offer than I expected. I was surprised to find such a busy downtown area. During lunch hour, I parked in the middle of the downtown which was full of thousands of people rushing to get lunch. There were professionals of many different nationalities working downtown. I went back downtown at about 9pm, the area was still busy. Everything started slowing down at about 10:30pm. The arena district is beautiful and vibrant. There were many people walking alone at night, so it really does not seem that dangerous (but remember I am from Brooklyn). There were also many upscale restaurants and a couple of theaters in the vicinity. Art is really appreciated in Columbus. The people are a lot friendlier than Michigan, I got lost a couple of times and people were extremely helpful. On the 315, from Powell to Worthington to Dublin, there are miles of hundreds of mansions that look like castles. Not everything is a fairytale; Columbus does have its ghettos. Not very far from downtown, there are areas filled with graffiti and abandoned buildings and homes. Personally, I would not live near the downtown area. The transportation system seems to be reliable being that thousands of people depend on it, I saw many people waiting at bus stops for the bus. Every where you drive, there are thousands of department stores, restaurants, and shops. Especially on Broad, Main, Dublin Grandville, Sullivant, Sandusky and Hamilton streets. Some areas look busier than downtown. Overall, I liked Columbus, and my husband actually loved it. I will hopefully be relocating for February, if I find employment by then.

I hope the above is helpful for anyone considering Columbus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2006, 03:32 PM

976 posts, read 3,862,597 times
JayLynn, im so glad you liked Columbus. It really is a diverse city. It really has a rapidly growing hispanic and asian population. Isnt the Arena District awesome? Dublin and Hillard are two great suburbs that are really expensive. Worthington and Delaware are two awesome suburbs that are a little cheaper. There is a lot to do in Columbus and the sorrounding area. Did you get a chance to check out the Polaris Mall or Eaton Center? Eaton Center is one of the largest malls in the country. Its pretty upscale with a Ferrari Dealer at the mall as well.

Old 12-02-2006, 04:22 PM

15 posts, read 55,574 times
Paintballer:

There are a lot of Latinos, there are more than 1,000 business owned by Latinos in the MSA area, according to the Columbus Chamber of Commerce. I was actually able to meet a couple of Nuyoricans like myself.

I also did not think Reynoldsburg was that bad, but others beg to differ. I did not check out the Polaris Mall or Eaton Center, but I sure will during my next trip. I really did like it; it seems like the ideal place for me.

Old 12-02-2006, 05:04 PM

976 posts, read 3,862,597 times
Glad to hear that Columbus fits more to your liking. Here is the Easton Center's Offical website:

From Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easton_Towne_Center

Official Site:
http://www.eastontowncenter.com/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus