Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2021, 06:51 AM

322 posts, read 281,185 times

Advertisements

Tell me if you are familiar with paying for the VALET TRASH service each month with your rental (mine is $30 addl to rent) ...

possibly with or without ANOTHER fee to maintain the trash compactor my fee is $12 per month.

CANNOT opt out. it is mandatory here.

Paying EXTRA if you desire to recycle. (would be $5 extra to above charges/fees)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2021, 11:11 AM

1,684 posts, read 3,954,922 times
Default valet trash

I actually like our Valet Trash collection. on the off days that they don't pickup, i struggle with 2 dogs and a full trash bag walking to the compactor. they've been great about picking up the sometimes oversize bags, the group that I had in my ATL apartment wouldn't take the bag if it was too large for the bin. The gals in CLT are fine when I have a 30 gallon trash bag that is taller than the lid. it eliminates trash being thrown at the compactor, they run the compactor after they finish the complex. yes its an extra expense, but I see the value.

Old 08-05-2021, 04:14 PM

thanks - I am just used to walking a regular size bag to a fenced dumpster.
I am not one to leave any garbage at my front door smell - bugs - animals etc and they are great for picking it up in front of garage.

But, cost seems a bit high. The evenings they do not pick up - we have to walk to compactor anyway. i won't let the bag in my trunk ever.

Old 08-06-2021, 05:51 AM

1,684 posts, read 3,954,922 times
Since I'm single I don't put my bin out nightly. Probably every other night. Sunday is the day I'll have a big bag because I cook for the week and have packaging and also it's my cleaning day, so all the trash cans get emptied. I also like the fact that they will take cardboard if you've flattened the boxes - just place on top of the bin. there is a divider in their rolling bin that the cardboard goes in and they crush that too. I see both sides of the issue and I think more and more apartments are going to use the service to hopefully help the mess at the compactors and around the buildings.

Old 10-30-2021, 04:58 AM

Just a bit of an update of sorts - two neighbors off riggins/wilcox dublin, oh - townhomes have sighted coyotes. One was digging thru valet garbage on front porch. The other was sniffing patio bbqs.

Just letting you know - they hunt for food in pairs. Mom can be nearby. Dusk/dawn is their food time. Clean up weeds, overgrown trees and secure the valet trash cans.

Be careful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
View detailed profiles of: