Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2023, 10:12 AM

19 posts, read 33,168 times

Advertisements

Which is a better suburb? Important for us, in that order - Excellent Middle and high schools, Easier commute to Westerville, and newer homes. Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2023, 11:15 AM

11,076 posts, read 12,505,871 times
Well, I'd rather live in Dublin. New Albany is too sprawly. At least Dublin has some walkable spots. Lots of new stuff in both places. Neither very far from Westerville.

Old 03-07-2023, 04:49 PM

194 posts, read 86,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anjiyer View Post
Which is a better suburb? Important for us, in that order - Excellent Middle and high schools, Easier commute to Westerville, and newer homes. Thanks in advance!
Why not Westerville itself? We were quite impressed with our long weekend in the Columbus area. The little Main Street in Westerville is very nice. I liked it more than Dublin for sure

Old 03-08-2023, 02:54 PM

490 posts, read 867,089 times
Westerville is a nice, established community. Certainly has some older areas, and lots of development in the 1970's to 1990's range. Schools are solid, though not outstanding. If I had to choose, I'd take New Albany because I like georgian brick homes, and a school district with just one high school, plus easier access to the airport, downtown and Easton. Dublin certainly has more in the way of amenities though, especially with the growth of Bridge Park.

Old 01-15-2024, 10:00 PM

14 posts, read 3,557 times
They like to say Westerville is “diverse” because a black man murdered two Westerville Police officers, and there are a few stories about shootings at Westerville South High School. These incidents were the work of a few bad actors and though the news coverage was huge, the number of crimes related to actual black people is very small. Trying to say that compared to cities I’ve Gahanna or the east and south side of Columbus, Westerville is still lily white, extremely conservative Trump territory. You’re way better off looking at some of the emerging areas like Merion, Southern Orchards and the Kelton Miller area.

Old 01-16-2024, 08:03 AM

11,076 posts, read 12,505,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamaliz1957 View Post
They like to say Westerville is “diverse” because a black man murdered two Westerville Police officers, and there are a few stories about shootings at Westerville South High School. These incidents were the work of a few bad actors and though the news coverage was huge, the number of crimes related to actual black people is very small. Trying to say that compared to cities I’ve Gahanna or the east and south side of Columbus, Westerville is still lily white, extremely conservative Trump territory. You’re way better off looking at some of the emerging areas like Merion, Southern Orchards and the Kelton Miller area.
The same kindof person interested in Westerville is not going to be interested in these neighborhoods lmao I mean OP explicitly mentioned good schoosl.

Old 01-16-2024, 04:05 PM

14,725 posts, read 14,706,528 times
Dublin has a lot of good restaurants and like Jimmy said a nice “downtown” walkable area. It also has a huge Irish festival every summer as homage to its name. New Albany is a pre-fabricated community built by Les Werner and not my cup of tea, personally.

Old 01-17-2024, 02:17 PM

3,358 posts, read 1,461,659 times
I’m very fond of Dublin. If I were going to live in Columbus, Dublin would certainly be one of top places to look. Good schools, nice residential areas, lots of “stuff” nearby…there are certainly worse places to live.

Old 01-18-2024, 08:57 AM

1,136 posts, read 1,160,403 times
The idea that a place like New Albany, with multi-million dollar custom homes all over the place, is a pre-fabricated community is just crazy. It is the exact opposite. New Albany architecture will age more gracefully and stand the test of time a lot better than other parts of Columbus. It will be the new Bexley.

If you think the homes located off Hamilton Road, Central College and Harlem Road, or south of Morse Road are in New Albany, please learn how to read a map.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/chtZrmaJudqSXJv47

Last edited by PerryMason614; 01-18-2024 at 09:11 AM..

Old Yesterday, 10:59 PM

5 posts
Driving Park is diverse, walkable and more affordable. I love it here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus