Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2008, 08:29 PM

18 posts, read 30,174 times

Advertisements

Hi there! I currently live in Louisville and I don't find this city to my liking anymore...well, actually, I never did. Its too small and I'm ready to branch out.

I've often thought of Chicago, but I could never afford it. I like larger cities due to the diversity they offer and the nightlife (I'm a major night owl). I've been to Columbus pretty often, as I'm a fan of dance music and they have some big name DJs come through the area fairly often, not to mention I've always had very fond memories in the city.

So, where would be a good place for me to look into moving? I like more urban areas, or funky, off-beat areas of towns. I'm 22, female, with absolutely nothing keeping me here and get bored easily. Suburbia creeps me out, so nothing in that area, please. I'd like to live in an area where there is a high concentration of people my age.

Also, is Columbus easy to get around without a car? I've always taken the bus/walked/rode my bike. What is the public transportation like?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2008, 09:16 AM

34 posts, read 141,872 times
It's not easy getting around Columbus without a car. The city is too spaced out. The main public transportation is the COTA bus system.

Old 11-04-2008, 07:54 PM

43 posts, read 143,188 times
Hello, Wonderlandless.

I think you would like the Short North. Plenty of shops, dining, and galleries. If the Short North doesn't work for you try Grandview. Happy hunting.

Any other suggestions, fellow posters?

Old 11-05-2008, 02:45 PM

22 posts, read 88,514 times
Clintonville and German Village would be a consideration for a young lady who would like to walk to entertainment,etc. She could work downtown also which would not require a vehicle.

Old 11-08-2008, 02:55 PM

1,279 posts, read 4,678,627 times
You can live in the central city area, and not have a car. Buses run very frequently, until 10PM-11:30PM weekdays and saturdays. Sundays buses stop earlier. If you are going out at night you would either live right near the entertainment or take a cab.

The number 2 route, which follows Columbus' main city street High St. and Main St. is very accessible. Also, the #2 follows some of Columbus' most liveable city neighborhoods. Clintonville, the University District, the Short North (Victorian/Italian Village, the Arena District and other downtown apartment/condo buildings, then German Village and the Brewery District to the south of downtown.

I highly recommend looking into all of these areas. Now Columbus has many neighborhoods with nice affordable housing, but they are not near entertainment districts. One example is Berwick or Eastmoor to the east of downtown. However, both are near the Bexley retail strip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus