Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 09:12 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,191,715 times

Advertisements

I use Google Drive to sync a folder for multiple devices (desktop PC and laptop), it had been working fine before. I just noticed the issue today, not even sure when the issue started. Not sure if it was caused by window update.

Recently, I noticed that Google Drive icon is missing on taskbar, and taskbar arrow is not even there.

Second screenshot is from desktop PC, which is correct. First screenshot is from laptop, there is no Google Drive Icon, not even taskbar arrow. However, it seems that Google Drive works fine on syncing files behind the scene, I just tested some changes and the changes can be synced to other device.

So it is working behind the scene, but the icon is not there anymore. I do want to bring the icon back, so that I can right click and confirm it is working, and I can also right click to go to its setting.

How to show Google Drive/Taskbar arrow again?
Attached Thumbnails
Window 11 Taskbar arrow missing-combined-screenshots.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 06:42 AM

3,654 posts, read 1,609,828 times
are you logged into google?

Old Today, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by james112 View Post
are you logged into google?
Of course, Google Drive works fine on syncing files behind the scene.

Moreover, taskbar arrow is gone too. Usually, there are other icons (such as Bluetooth Devices, Window Security, etc) hidden there, Google Drive icon could be hidden there too. For deaktop, I clicked and held Google Drive, then dragged it from taskbar arrow hidden area to taskbar of desktop PC. I want to restore taskbar arrow first.

The thread title is more about taskbar arrow.

Old Today, 07:36 AM

I just got Google Drive icon back to taskbar, I turned on second Google Drive icon in Other system tray icons.

The first Google Drive icon was already On, not sure why there are two Google Drive icons now.
Attached Thumbnails
Window 11 Taskbar arrow missing-system-tray-icon.jpg  

Old Today, 10:25 AM

8,337 posts, read 13,474,756 times
Probably a glitch due to Windows Update like you said or an update to Google Drive.
I'd try simple workarounds (assuming it is a glitch) from simpler to less simpler:
- Slide both of the Google Drive entries OFF (disabled)
- Restart your machine
- Only enable one of them preferably the one that you had to turn on (bottom one I am guessing?)

See if that fixed your problem, if not try the other one.

Then I would try either using a tweaker app or hacking registry but for non-techy types, safer to simply uninstall Google Drive (if it asks you if you want to keep/save related settings, say YES) then restart the machine. Afterwards, reinstall Google Drive.

Old Today, 10:30 AM

10,000 posts, read 5,706,423 times
I don't understand why Microsloth always has to change everything around with each new version. Our workplace just upgraded from 10 to 11. Now all my visual cues are different, all my audio cues are different. What the hell was wrong with the old layout, and why would you go and just change all the system sounds? I depended on those things to alert me to certain important events like calendar reminders, incoming emails from important clients, etc.

Old Today, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
Probably a glitch due to Windows Update like you said or an update to Google Drive.
I'd try simple workarounds (assuming it is a glitch) from simpler to less simpler:
- Slide both of the Google Drive entries OFF (disabled)
- Restart your machine
- Only enable one of them preferably the one that you had to turn on (bottom one I am guessing?)

See if that fixed your problem, if not try the other one.

Then I would try either using a tweaker app or hacking registry but for non-techy types, safer to simply uninstall Google Drive (if it asks you if you want to keep/save related settings, say YES) then restart the machine. Afterwards, reinstall Google Drive.
I already fixed it (another post immediately above your post).

Old Today, 02:03 PM

8,337 posts, read 13,474,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baike View Post
I already fixed it (another post immediately above your post).
Oh, so it's already fixed at that point? Gotcha!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers